No announcement yet.

Monster injected chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good mate! Are you going to foil or pan it? How are your temps?
    sigpic

Comment

going to be a good hunk o beef!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Looking good mate! Are you going to foil or pan it? How are your temps?
        Yea got a pan under it with beef stock shiitake shrooms anchovies and onions in th, gonn throw it in that at 165 and foil it... That's plans , whatcha think?
        sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Temps about 225, was up to 250 at one stage
          sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Perfect! Whats your pit temp?
            sigpic

Comment

225f
              sigpic

Comment

250 ain't gonna hurt that hunk. Better barq... :{)
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

IMO, you are "Golden" (which means perfect+- here in the states ) Butt, I think you got that one

Right on Dale, gonna be good! ....... Got any planned liquids for the foil?
                  sigpic

Comment

Recon I should bump it back up a bit then?
                    sigpic

Comment

Was going to pan it in that "umami" stock and the rest of the left over injection liquid, big project for me less than 6 months ago I was paranoid at doing a 3 pound one lol.
                      Same stock liquid I've used a few times now and after I slice it I add the slices back to the defatted stock and it keeps it moist as in the fridge, also ends up pre sausey when Roy want a sandwitch
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dales133 View Post
                        Personally, I would not, if you have the time to ride it oot @ 225*, I would do it.... Just me.... See no reason why to bump it..... Just me though..... Low -n- Slow mate..... I've cooked em at higher temps with a quicker finish, butt IMO, the Low -n-Slow has been the best for Chucks -n- Butts. If you are worried aboot drying oot, maybe a spritz? with something that will keep it moist/coated?

250* if you are feeling antsy & need to do something
                        sigpic

Comment

No...just saying it don't much matter at this point... spikes ain't an issue- is all I meant.
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

It's droped to 217 and the meat seems to have stalled at 145, I'd imagine that's pretty normal for a chunk that size
                            sigpic

Comment

It's droped to 217 and the meat seems to have stalled at 145, I'd imagine that's pretty normal for a chunk that size
                              Yeah it happens. Go to bed. Wake up and it'll be 15 degrees higher.

Oh wait it's only like noon there right? tomorrow of course.

Comment

How much longer do you recon ditch, at a guess
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X