Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tale of two chuckies, a marinade, and a pint of nekkid brine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to your non-impressions

Interesting experiment
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
      Indeed the brined one looks kinda leathery...Rich suggested I add some rub to help with the bark but I didn't want to compromise the "test" by adding flavors...Trying to give the brine the ultimate test by letting it stand alone...Quite sure it will be awesome...
      oops..sorry. Been plowing $^&% snow all $&^% day. Sausage class was cancelled yesterday... and damn glad it was. It's F'ed up here.

Leathery... hmm... yeah, I was wondering if it might "seal up". But. I don't think that's gonna go very deep. Beef is a little different... That Lori Frazee/Barn Goddess brines her briskies all the time. Guess I should give one a run.

How's they coming sir?
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        How's they coming sir?
        Ya know Im one of those guys that says the longer it takes the better it will taste...Goes for brisket, chucks, pork butt, etc...

However Im getting kinds impatient...(hungry)...Thinkin bout foiling to speed up the process...Or maybe not...(hungry)...

Temps are rising slowly...Oh so slowly...(hungry)...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Ya know Im one of those guys that says the longer it takes the better it will taste...Goes for brisket, chucks, pork butt, etc...

However Im getting kinds impatient...(hungry)...Thinkin bout foiling to speed up the process...Or maybe not...(hungry)...

Foil might not be bad... might loosen up the "skin"?
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Do you add any stock or liquid when you foil the chuckies, or just let the captured natural juices do the steaming?

Comment

Jim's original recipe calls for beef broth and chopped scallions in the pan below the meat...

I just foiled/tented the whole thing in hopes of speeding things up...
              I'm lookin at 7+ hours and the IT is barely over 130...Got folks expecting to eat before 7:00...Doubt that's gonna happen......7 hours for a couple of little ol 3# roasts?...Its gonna be gooooood...(hungry)...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

What temps ya got going on? 300-325 apparently don't bother beef...

Comment

Cooker been running tween 220 and 260 all day...24 degrees with a north wind 10-20...Kinda light by Ks. standards...Not sure why the beasts are taking so long but it'll be alright...With the foil on Im gonna run up the heat a bit but still cant get myself to rush it too much...(hungry)...IT is already starting to climb...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree...made a big pot of chili today, but can't eat it until the game tomorrow. Kids asked for heat. I hope I didn't overdue it . Tastes good to me so far.

Sorry for the derail ...back to our regular scheduled programming .
                    Pete
                    Large BGE
                    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Is it done yet?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        Is it done yet?
                        Dammit man....Im trying as hard as I can but these things just wont cooperate
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Getting hungry Craiger (tap, tap, tap)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smoke freak View Post
                            dammit man....im trying as hard as i can but these things just wont cooperate
                            hungry!!!!
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

And heres the guests......
                              sigpic

Comment

Check now....
                                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Working...
                                X