Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How aboot a little tongue for your sweetie on Valentines????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How aboot a little tongue for your sweetie on Valentines????

I'm planning a pretty decent smoke tomorrow. I have a big Wagyu brisket, 2 racks of ribs and this goodness:

Beef tongue and beef cheeks. I've eaten them both, but never smoked either of them. Beef tongue is just wonderful. I know some folk can't get past the fact that it's a tongue, but whatever. The way I had it before was like a pot roast served with gravy and potatoes. YUMMY!!! I'm going to clean it up tonight and soak it a few times, scrub the piss out of it. I'm gonna treat the beef cheek like it was pulled pork, but beef. It is very tender meat. Both are pretty fatty cuts and both are not terribly expensive. I'll keep ya posted tomorrow!!!

I cant wait. Ive always eyed them up at the store
    sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
    Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
    Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Cheryl, ya wanna "skin" that tongue before anything else (pia). It is very tough, stringie and very, very lean. Think cooking brisket. I knows you'll make it shine!
      Maybe cook it the same as your WG brisket.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
        Cheryl, ya wanna "skin" that tongue before anything else (pia). It is very tough, stringie and very, very lean. Think cooking brisket. I knows you'll make it shine!
        Maybe cook it the same as your WG brisket.
        Ma always par-boiled tongue..then peeled it.

Nope. Been there done that. Serve it up with green and lima beans to the homeless.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yea Mark, I'm familiar with the skinning part. It's also important to scrub it good as well. I'm not going to remove the skin until after it's smoked. It's porous so shouldn't be a problem soaking up the smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
            Yea Mark, I'm familiar with the skinning part. It's also important to scrub it good as well. I'm not going to remove the skin until after it's smoked. It's porous so shouldn't be a problem soaking up the smoke.
            Yup, you knows, be wishin to be on the eatin end when you done!
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Hmm... Tongue... valentine's....sweetie. Just saying, thought this was a "smoking" forum. Ha ha!
              sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Be watchin

Want to try beef tongue one of these days......
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  Ma always par-boiled tongue..then peeled it.

Nope. Been there done that. Serve it up with green and lima beans to the homeless.
                  So ya feed the green beans to the homeless but wont eat em yerself huh...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

The only way I have had it was boiled then pickled. I am curious on the smoked part, I have one in the freezer I need to do something with.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Beef tongue, that's interesting taking the smoked approach, especially with the skin still on it. Din't know it would absorb that much smoke. How are you seasoning it? Injection? I've seen beef tongue around here, butt never bought one. Cheeks are to die for! I like the pulled pork approach.

I am really interested in how you do this, I know you'll rock it!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          I'm told they are healthy. Yeah..I have a choice. I choose to pass them the green beans. Thank you Lord- for the choice.
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I've smoked them a couple times but I peeled them before I smoked em. It was a royal Pain in the Assets. Cooked a lot like brisket. Cheryl may be on to sumptin cookin em first. Only other way I've had them was at lunch at the Breakers in Palm Beach, cooked like roast beef. Was good but nuttin to write home bout.
                            Mark
                            sigpic

Comment

you got my tongue wagging!! cant wait to see it!
                              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                              Yoder YS640
                              Weber Genesis
                              Weber 18.5" Kettle
                              Weber Performer
                              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X