Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How aboot a little tongue for your sweetie on Valentines????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already working on it, she's happy. And tastin' good, more as soon as possible.

I keep my home happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post

I keep my home happy.
      The liquor is working?
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post

I keep my home happy.
        I'm confused...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Sliced very thin I have had moose and deer tongue. They where very good. Now if you asked me how they where cooked I can not answer that. Friend cooked them and I just ate them. From what I remember they where very good. I drink alot so my memory is a little off :)

PBC Drum Smoker
          Bradley Digital 4 Rack
          THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
          Miss Piggy Smoker
          Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            I'm confused...
            Mark/Hawg, yes, as is my beef. I'm not confused, nor is my wife. AND, I made pickled onions today, took her shopping, took her to dinner, and smokin jerky and cheese/pickles tomorrow. All about scheduling I guess.

Life is fun eh?

And..

Comment

Pickled onions? Do tell, never heard O them!, Curious!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Lotta like pickles. A few of them on any sammich or lotta places adds happy flavor. And a great gift to fellow eaters. I do 4 pints at at a time or four 2 cup mason jars. Lemme find my recipe. I add a bit more garlic and 4 slices of Jalapenos per jar. It's soo easy and it really lasts for months in the fridge. I needed to make them for my pulled pork sammiches a few weeks ahead of time. They are fridge onions, not fully canned, so need to stay chilled.

I also doubled the hot pepper flakes and bay leaves. Giving it two weeks to flav. Doing 4 pint jars of fridge pickles tomorrow with Riches V3 jerky and cheese. Fridge canning is fun and cheap.

IMG_0298.jpg

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/reci...ed-onions.html

Comment

Well, I've had tripe before. I'm sure this HAS to be better than that!
                  sigpic
                  BGE XL
                  BGE Mini
                  MAK 1 star #385
                  Bradley OBS w/Mods
                  Weber 22.5 WSM
                  Weber 22.5 Kettle
                  Pit Barrel Cooker
                  La Caja China
                  Mini-WSM

Comment

Tongue made right is Awesome, I have had it where it was very good and had it when it was like rubber Never have had cheeks. I will stay watching with everyone else... Bet it will be good...
                    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
                    Weber Performer Gold
                    Masterbuilt 26" twins
                    Big Chief Electric smoker
                    Brinkmann barrel smoker
                    LEM sausage stuffer
                    Cabela's pro HD grinder
                    Maverick ET-732
                    ThermoWorks Thermapen
                    GrillGrates

Comment

Everything is in the smoker. Gotta say, so far I am not impressed with the wagyu brisket. I had to cut a chitload of fat off and for the price, I woulda expected a little more trim. I'm saving that fat though for beef sausages or hot dogs fer sure. I soaked a pile of mushrooms in red wine and added them to the brisket pan. I kept the seasoning simple, just salt, pepper and roasted tomato powder.

The tongue is coming along right nicely. It smells really good, very beefy. I added onion, garlic, blood orange, and a beef and mushroom reduced beef stock. Also added in a little bit of tamarind.

Also got two racks of ribs going as well. The cheeks just got salt and pepper. I'll start checking the temp on that here pretty soon. Lots of food going on at the Squirrel's Nest! I also made the base for chocolate sorbet. That makes my gurl parts tingle right there. More to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                        Everything is in the smoker. Gotta say, so far I am not impressed with the wagyu brisket. I had to cut a chitload of fat off and for the price, I woulda expected a little more trim. I'm saving that fat though for beef sausages or hot dogs fer sure. I soaked a pile of mushrooms in red wine and added them to the brisket pan. I kept the seasoning simple, just salt, pepper and roasted tomato powder.

The tongue is coming along right nicely. It smells really good, very beefy. I added onion, garlic, blood orange, and a beef and mushroom reduced beef stock. Also added in a little bit of tamarind.

Also got two racks of ribs going as well. The cheeks just got salt and pepper. I'll start checking the temp on that here pretty soon. Lots of food going on at the Squirrel's Nest! I also made the base for chocolate sorbet. That makes my gurl parts tingle right there. More to come!!
                        I never got the connection to why wagyu brisket is worth the price. I've tasted both wagyu and "standard" next to each other at comps... never got the tingle.

You doing all this in the Meadow Creek?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

The beef cheek is done. I will be doing a lot more of this goodness. It is very tender. It really is a lot like pork butt in that it is very fatty, about 50% yield. It's really cheap too, I think it was 1.81 lb. You get lots of bark too, even on the fatty parts, just pull it off. Mmmm.... gonna make me a sammie with this for lunch.

Comment

That looks G'dammit good! I've done cheeks like I would do a pot roast in a DO... haven't done my cheeks like that!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Kinda cheeky good lookin!
                              Mark
                              sigpic

Comment

Man, what a day! Busy little squirrel that's for sure! Everything is done except the burnt ends! I'm finishing them in the oven, no need to waste good wood. I would like to retract my above statement aboot not being impressed with the brisket. I am impressed. Though quite fatty, that seems to be the theme for today, the brisket has the most wonderful flavor. I am very pleased.

The tongue also has a lovely, beefy flavor. I even got a decent smoke ring. The skin was not too difficult to pull off. A couple of spots had to be cut off, but no big deal. Definitely easier than trying to remove it before smoking.

The ribs were delightful and girly sweet. I did put a nice kick of spice to balance it oot though. Here are a few pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X