Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How aboot a little tongue for your sweetie on Valentines????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what temp you bring the tongue to?

Comment

Wow that all looks great... Sure hope you a feeding a crowd today!! that is a bunch of smoked-meat!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dscott View Post
        what temp you bring the tongue to?
        175F

Comment

Yummmmmm!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

It all looks wonderful! You got a nice smoke ring on that tongue... I'm impressed that it got there with the skin on. The whole deal makin' me Glad the wagyu turned oot for ya'...

Meadow Creek?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
              It all looks wonderful! You got a nice smoke ring on that tongue... I'm impressed that it got there with the skin on. The whole deal makin' me Glad the wagyu turned oot for ya'...

Meadow Creek?
              Yep. Love that thing. I would marry it if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                Yep. Love that thing. I would marry it if I could.

Din't think you were the marryin' kind... Glad it makes you happy!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Awesome! Like my dad used to say "you just gotta cook it right" Your signature pic is on point too!
                  sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
                  Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
                  Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

All looks Awesome, Cheryl!!!-------------

Easy to see that wasn't the first smoking' tongue you had to deal with.

Bad, Bad Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

That tongue was fatty a bit you say? I think it would do very well for burn ends. Hmm, Smoke a flat and a tongue and use the tongue for burnt ends?

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
                        That tongue was fatty a bit you say? I think it would do very well for burn ends. Hmm, Smoke a flat and a tongue and use the tongue for burnt ends?
                        A fatty tongue? I would think that impossible. It's all muscle. Heck, what would be the ONLY thing in shape on a fat assed cow?
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Charcuteryan View Post
                          Awesome! Like my dad used to say "you just gotta cook it right" Your signature pic is on point too!
                          X2 with the sig pic. I'm a very happy man come May/June.

Delicious looking cooks Cheryl. Simply put, WOW!!!
                          sigpic
                          BGE XL
                          BGE Mini
                          MAK 1 star #385
                          Bradley OBS w/Mods
                          Weber 22.5 WSM
                          Weber 22.5 Kettle
                          Pit Barrel Cooker
                          La Caja China
                          Mini-WSM

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
                            I think it was the cheeks and brisket that were fatty. Not to speak for Cheryl, but I don't think she posted the tongue as fatty.
                            I would like to retract my above statement aboot not being impressed with the brisket. I am impressed. Though quite fatty, that seems to be the theme for today, the brisket has the most wonderful flavor. I am very pleased.

The tongue also has a lovely, beefy flavor. I even got a decent smoke ring. The skin was not too difficult to pull off. A couple of spots had to be cut off, but no big deal. Definitely easier than trying to remove it before smoking.
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+b...evid=249175128

Fat content in beef tongue.

Comment

Awesome cookin Tongue Daddy!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X