No announcement yet.

I found one, I found one!! Yippie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you are in any trouble but headed for a real treat. Since your clod is not ground anything you might have worried about has been exposed to the 200 + temps the entire smoke.

Pete

Comment

Lookin good Kelly, do not toss it, it is a whole muscle meat, the 140 in 4 hr rule doesn't apply to whole muscle meats like that. Keep it going, its looking great, and you are doing me very proud!
      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Knew you'd get an answer from the beef guys

Comment

Damn Kelly that looks fantastic!! Cant wait to see her done

2 Weber Kettles
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
          Brinkman ECB
          Charbroil 940X
          Project UDS
          Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

If youre gonna throw it out, send it to me! There's nothing wrong with what you got going on there. well except for soakin the wood in wine...that sounds kinda wierd to me...Keep up the good work. Im inspired!
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Looking great Kelly !!
              Can't wait to see the finished pics !!
              Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

the way I understand it is the only real trouble is the probe going in before the meat surface was 140. Minor. 40 to 140 really concerns the outside of a whole hunk of meat. On ground stuff, it means the internal as well, as the meat's surface has been mixed thruout. Yer fine.
                Pork butts often dont hit 140 internal in 4 hours. In the future tho, resist probing meat untill the surface temp is up there.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

so I cut that off and am still trying to figure out what to do with, about 4/5 #s.
                  jerky, burgers, sausage/fatty meat, biltong, small steaks - you're stuck for choices :-)

That's some chunk of meat you've got going there.

All I got is some honey roasted bb in the oven (lol yep) and a big hunk of frozen fishes I'm trying to defrost for smoking.

looking muchly forward to final pics.
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Lookin real good Kelly. I only bought one clod but I used it for ground beef. There was alot of waste cause I only added back to the meat , the finest of fat LOL. Lookin forward to your finish.

Comment

Thanks Rich, I have been really good since the informative post on the subject, and forgot yesterday till it was too late... ;(

I slept through my alarm from 4-6 and the old girl was at 200* when I woke up in a panic.... the meat was @ 158*.... now hanging at..163* smoker back up to 248*
                      I thought it would be done by now..... sigh... The bark looks just the way I like it It has shrunk down quite a bit too.... I am hoping to use the drippings for a finishing sauce...but I think I have a ways to go....

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Your doing just fine... Them clods can take some time.. And the fruits of your labor will be well deserved..
                        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Beef...Its whats for dinner...and breakfast...and lunch...and dinner...and breakfast...
                          "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
                          PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Not using the C.G. Obviously "stained" holds temps pretty well. I cant imagine going to sleep (on purpose anyway) while that chunka beef was on the CG.
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

You got it go'in on Bbqgoddess. Give her the guns. Can't wait to see this done. You will kick butt as always.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                                Not using the C.G. Obviously "stained" holds temps pretty well. I cant imagine going to sleep (on purpose anyway) while that chunka beef was on the CG.
                                Oh but yes I am using my old girl, I just don't have stained dialed in yet, and was worried that I would ruin this big ole hunk o' beast.... and yep i was just gonna take a lil nap..... but..
                                Ok we are into the 23rd hour on this bad boy, and I have to be at a bbq... now... its at 170* so it is going to get foiled... coolered, then into (gasp) the oven at their house... I am assuming over temp @ 245* ish....
                                I really have never ovened anything.. so wish me luck... pic to follow!
                                Thanks for all the kind words and input! I love this place!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                                X