Baking Bacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking Bacon?

Finally tried Baking Bacon tonight. Gotta say it turned oot better than any other indoor method I/we have used. 400* for aboot 20 minutes with bacon on a rack, over alum foil on a cookie sheet near the center of the oven. Sprinkled with Brown Sugar and CBP. Turned oot really good! Not as good as cooked indirect on a Weber Butt best indoor Bacon I've cooked. What took me so long

sigpic

it's standard practice in the biz...............cookin'baconlikeaprodaddy
    sigpic
    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
      it's standard practice in the biz...............cookin'baconlikeaprodaddy
      Dat howz me Buds doz it!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I've been doing it that way for a couple years now, but I just lay then on a piece of parchment paper. I like your brown sugar idea.
        sigpic

Comment

That's the normal way for me to do bacon now. In addition to the brown sugar, try adding 3 or 4 slices of pickled jalapenos on top as well. Cook until they are still pliable, then roll them up for a salty, sweet and spicy snack....YUM!
          Arron W.

YS 640
          Primo Oval XL
          Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
          Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
          Weber Copper Top
          Old Smokey
          Orion
          Gasser
          2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
          24" Disco with custom burner
          Red Thermapen
          2-Maverick ET-733
          Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zeroghd View Post
            That's the normal way for me to do bacon now. In addition to the brown sugar, try adding 3 or 4 slices of pickled jalapenos on top as well. Cook until they are still pliable, then roll them up for a salty, sweet and spicy snack....YUM!
            I like the sounds of that.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I use one of those chicken drumstick holder things for BBQs. Drape the bacon over the rack and pan on the bottom catches all the drippings. I also bought one of these for the microwave. Works great and much healthier for you without all that fat.
              https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PBC Drum Smoker
              Bradley Digital 4 Rack
              THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
              Miss Piggy Smoker
              Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

First time in the oven eh? Next thing you know you'll be nukin' the bacon in the microwave...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                Paul

Comment

I've tried it a couple times, I have a hard time letting go of the tradition of pan frying the bacon though. I just can't seem to hit that sweet spot in the oven, it's either too wimpy for my liking, or burnt to a crisp.
                  Mike
                  Life In Pit Row

Comment

Been doing oven bacon now for awhile.

I love it and easy to save the bacon grease.

Second choice is grill.
                    Pete
                    Large BGE
                    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

I do that alot. Produces the best fat too..less particles and stuff in it.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I use a broiler pan and line the bottom pan with aluminum foil. The best part of this is you can have sweeter bacon and not burn the hell out of it like in the skillet. I'm gonna get some of this and do a bacon sprinkle.
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                          I use a broiler pan and line the bottom pan with aluminum foil. The best part of this is you can have sweeter bacon and not burn the hell out of it like in the skillet. I'm gonna get some of this and do a bacon sprinkle.
                          I had to look up just what the hell "Makrut Lime Leaves" were
                          Sounds like that would be good on bacon for sure.

PBC Drum Smoker
                          Bradley Digital 4 Rack
                          THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
                          Miss Piggy Smoker
                          Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                            Dang, that sound great! Love Mad Hunky GPR on ATB's, gotta be equally as good on Baked Bacon
                            sigpic

Comment

c'mon...Hasn't anyone tried sous vide yet...Gotta be the best bacon ever...
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X