Stromboli!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
    That is a Calzone in my neck of the woods!!! a "Stromboli" up here is rolled like a jelly roll would be...

Either way that looks killer!!

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
    Here I'd call that a calzone as well. I would also be all over it.

Yep, that would be a calzone... From Wiki... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stromboli_(food)
    "Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with various cheeses (typically mozzarella) and Italian meats (such as salami, capocollo and bresaola) or vegetables. The dough used is either Italian bread dough or pizza dough.

Stromboli was invented in the United States in the 1950s. It was named after the Italian film Stromboli.

A stromboli is somewhat similar to a calzone. A calzone is a baked turnover stuffed with pizza ingredients. A stromboli is usually made by rolling up dough that has been topped with pizza ingredients and then baking it. A calzone is crescent-shaped, and a stromboli is usually shaped like a long rectangle. A calzone is served with tomato sauce on top of it or on the side, while a stromboli generally has the tomato sauce inside it. The distinction between the two is complicated by the fact that there is some variation in what constitutes a stromboli.[1][2][3]"

FWIW... When I was growing up my mom & dad had a friend originally from the old country of Italy. She made a killer calzone (not to mention raviolis). The difference between hers & the ones you will find today was that she deep fried hers as opposed to baking... Oh so gooooood!!!
    Also, the pronunciation you will hear today drops the 'e' from the end while she pronounced all the letters - cal'zo'nee...

Originally posted by Mark R View Post

Anyway, whatever you may call it, I call it mouthwatering, appetizing, tasty, flavorful, toothsome, succulent, luscious, scrumptious, delish, yummy, finger-licking, nummy, lip-smacking or just plain - worthy...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Comment

Okay, it is a Calzone here too! I just had a brain fart!

And it is just about gone, I made 2.

Thanks fer all the kind comments!!!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Great looking calazone.

Comment

Working...
        X