Not a good thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good thing

So, last night I get out my brand new laptop that is less than two weeks old and the damn screen is cracked.

And today things only get worse. I get my vortex in from Mad Hunky and sure enough, it will not work with the Jumbo Joe Weber that I bought. And to add insult to injury, the Dragon Wing shelf from BBQ Dragon that I ordered came in and it will not sit level on the Jumbo Joe. I think it has something to do with the shape of the kettle. PLUS, it is missing a utensil hook. At least I can send that back and get another one.

Now what to do? I am about certain that I am going to Wal-Mart or Lowes and getting an original Weber. I knew letting my wife "help" me pick out a grill was a huge mistake and now those chickens have come home to roost.

As for my brand new laptop, I guess I am going to have to pay someone to replace the screen.

Heck of a way to start my week.
    sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
    American Legion Riders
    Patriot Guard Riders

Yup---Bad start for your week, but I can tell by your Signature that you've had worse!!

It'll pick up!!

Bear
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

My crystal ball show a new Weber in your future! Sorry Man all of it is a PIA!

The J Joe will be good fer burgers. For most everything else I think you'll be happier with a regular Kettle.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

cant help with the smoker issues, but the laptop screen... if you're at all mechanically handy you can replace it yourself. Typically just a couple screws (although they are TINY screws) and a connector. I had a side job for a while replacing screens and stuff on iphones, but I've found my hands just aren't steady enough anymore to work with those itty bitty screws. ifixit.com has pretty decent instructions for most thing.
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
          My crystal ball show a new Weber in your future! Sorry Man all of it is a PIA!

The J Joe will be good fer burgers. For most everything else I think you'll be happier with a regular Kettle.
          Yup. Go with the regular 22.5" kettle, sell the JJ...

Sorry aboot your week so far... It will get better.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
            cant help with the smoker issues, but the laptop screen... if you're at all mechanically handy you can replace it yourself. Typically just a couple screws (although they are TINY screws) and a connector. I had a side job for a while replacing screens and stuff on iphones, but I've found my hands just aren't steady enough anymore to work with those itty bitty screws. ifixit.com has pretty decent instructions for most thing.
            Thanks for that link.
            sigpic

American Legion Riders
            Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Originally posted by Fender60 View Post
              Thanks for that link.
              Anytime. If you have questions or need a source for a screen, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up.
              Mike
              Life In Pit Row

Comment

Yep, those things are aggravating, but these things will pass. Things will start looking up before you know it.

That new Weber Kettle will be a big pick me up.
                Jim

Comment

Just a thought here..... Check Craigslist, Offer Up, Let Go. You can find some great deals on used kettles for 1/3 -1/2 the cost of new, and sometimes new ones as well. Hope the rest of your week goes much better
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah crap... OK... sending “care” package.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      Just a thought here..... Check Craigslist, Offer Up, Let Go. You can find some great deals on used kettles for 1/3 -1/2 the cost of new, and sometimes new ones as well. Hope the rest of your week goes much better
                      Excellent idea!
                      sigpic

American Legion Riders
                      Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Ah crap... OK... sending “care” package.
                        You're a good man, Richtee.
                        sigpic

American Legion Riders
                        Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

I think I told ya from the start that you would end up with two Webers

Congrats on your future purchase!
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                            I think I told ya from the start that you would end up with two Webers

Congrats on your future purchase!
                            Two? Hahahahahahaaaaaa just kidding of course
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X