Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power AirFryer XL 5.3 Qt Review and HAW Hot Wing Action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! Thanks for the review!
    Mustang electric smoker
    King Kooker vertical gasser
    Charbroil silver smoker
    Earnhardt Jr smoker
    Brinkman smoke n' grill
    a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Great review...now if someone can show me some crappie and walleye that was fried up in that gizmo I may have to get one.
      sigpic
      GMG Daniel Boone
      UDS
      Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
      Vision Kamado grill
      Weber Genesis Silver
      Smokin Tex
      MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
      Maverick ET 732
      Brown and lime green ThermaPens
      2 orange ThermoPops
      A-Maze-N Tube 18"
      A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
      Vortex

Comment

Here's a pick of what breakfast sausage links look like after 8 minutes of air fry time @ 400 F. I breakfast cook too a total of 17 minutes to make. This time includes the prep, cook time for both Sausage and eggs as well as complete cleanup. The sausage were cooked in the Power XL and the eggs were cooked in my cast iron skillet. Clean up included the cleaning and storing of the unit as well as the cleaning of the cast iron skillet and the post cleaning oiling of the cast iron skillet. Got to keep that cast iron looking and cooking sweet! This Air Fryer is my new go to device for cooking sausage.

Attached Files
        Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
        Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
        Yoder Wichita
        Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
        Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
        Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Looks Great, Rob!!

Yup---So far I find Sausage & Fries to be the best, but I got a lot of experimenting to do yet.

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I like how it does Beer Brats... 7 minutes @ 400 F. See how I am....

Attached Files
            Last edited by Wingman; 03-08-2017, 10:48 AM.

Rob
            SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
            Yoder Wichita

Comment

Great review, Rob!
              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
              Pink Thermapen
              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Great review and video on the wings!!

This thing really intrigues me. I usually stay away from fried foods because of oil/health and the PITA it is to fry your own dealing with the oil, etc.

So, last night is a great example. We did up some chicken sandwiches. I use a little bit of coconut oil in CI to do the cutlets. I did 12 cutlets in three batches. It still leaves that fried smell all over the house.

My question is, could I do all of these at once or, it seems I'm restricted to the surface area at the bottom? And for fries, we do an oven type version which are great but this would be much easier if we could put a whole basket of fries in there and do them all at once.

I'm hoping this could work for us.....

Pete
                Large BGE
                Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post

My question is, could I do all of these at once or, it seems I'm restricted to the surface area at the bottom? And for fries, we do an oven type version which are great but this would be much easier if we could put a whole basket of fries in there and do them all at once.

Interesting didn't think about this until you posted it. Because at least for french fries the standard is you're able to throw in a standard issue bag of OreIda all at once and cook it.

Comment

This thing really intrigues me. I usually stay away from fried foods because of oil/health and the PITA it is to fry your own dealing with the oil, etc.

So, last night is a great example. We did up some chicken sandwiches. I use a little bit of coconut oil in CI to do the cutlets. I did 12 cutlets in three batches. It still leaves that fried smell all over the house.

Hi Pete,
                    You can check with Rob "Wingman", but with the little bit I've used it with, the only thing that wasn't Great was some Chicken parts that I had to put on top of each other. That's why Rob got the 5.3 Qt, because it has a bigger surface area than my 3.4 Qt has.
                    As for Fries, I've been making 2 medium taters worth at a time, and flipping them over halfway through.

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

This evening I bought 8 lbs. of boneless chicken breasts. These were 6 very large breasts. Fricken yardbirds are pumping iron and drinking body building protein drinks these days I guess. Anyway... I cut each breast into 3 to 4 thick tenders. Mixed some Johnny's, garlic powder, CGBP with some grated parmesan cheese. EVO on the tenders then dipped them into the parmesan mix. I did two batches each @ 360 for about 30 minutes. They turned out crispy on the edges and very tender even though I slightly over cooked a few. I did turn them a couple times but I should have done so much earlier. I was multitasking which I can't do very well. I was very happy with the results. One batch as shown below should feed four I would think. Here's a shot of the both batches.

Attached Files

Rob
                      SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                      Yoder Wichita

Comment

Great I just bought a pressure cooker and ya'll unveil this!!

Comment

these things have been around for a while now. Price tends to put me off, as they've literally doubled their price in the last 5 years.

That and the fact that I've got nowhere left to store one.

But very interested to see that they do actually work.
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thanks Rob, that's exactly the kind of feedback/review I was looking for
                            Pete
                            Large BGE

Comment

I finally broke down and bought one as I read more and more about them.

Got it today and had to give it a spin. Sorry no pics but it did happen.

I started simple and did some fresh cut fries and I will say, Holy Hell were they good . Mixed some KS when they were "frying" and then some dry sriracha dust when done and man oh man where they ever good.

They got devoured in short order and the biggest eater in the house, my 15 year old, missed the boat His younger brother was not a bit upset .

I'm sold on this and want to try some other things but it's certainly a useful tool. I like fried food and I don't like the heavy oil/health aspect of fried foods. This seems to strike a balance, at least with fries. For me, it's worth it just for the fries. I really want to try more chicken and fish type recipes. It has me thinking.

That said, it's just a small convection oven and we have a full sized convection oven we use regularly. I will say and my better half will admit, the fries out of an air fryer are easier and better than the oven.
                              Pete
                              Large BGE

Comment

One year to the day Bravo!
                                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                                X