Wing King - w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing King - w/pics

Another round of wings today getting some practice in for a large party in Chicago tomorrow.

I did some of my Korean style wings using all natural wings,brined, my korean bbq sauce, and the WSM.

I also french cut some drummies, and wrapped them in bacon, a first try, and I liked them alot.

I had 14+ lbs of wings to trim up, and a few lbs. of leftover drummies from last weekend stuffed wings.

trimmed:

tips reserved for stock:

wings for tomorow in the brine:

frenched drummie, wrapped in bacon:

on the WSM over lump, alder, and cherry, no water in the water pan:

about an hour in:

done and sauced Korean style:

done bacon wrapped drummie lolipop:

really good batchs, my own sauces, why buy someones sauce from the store loaded with crap. No HFCS, etc in mine.

Wings took about 1.5 hours. I sauced with a sauce I made and let them go another 10 mins. All wings were hit with my rub before they went on.

Also these were big wings, no enhancements, all natural, etc. but on sale... $1.48/lb.

thanks for looking.

After this test run I am ready for tomorrow.
    Last edited by chisoxjim; 09-11-2010, 03:53 PM.
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

All Hail the Wing King
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

lol...

just having some fun, and it rhymed.

I do love me some wings... and experimenting with different varieties.

Comment

Yeah buddy...I am 100% with you on natural/high quality etc.. meat and making my own sauces and rubs...Believe it or not i think BBQ etc. can be healthy with controlling the ingredients myself....And lots of fresh Veggies...

for the homemade etc..If i have some points....

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
          I do love me some wings... and experimenting with different varieties.

You are so right.... Perhaps the best palette to play around with also.

Great looking stuff & loved the "frenched" drummie

if I got em also!
          sigpic

Comment

thanks guys.

ghe frenched ones wrapped in bacon were great, I knve to knock those out for the party tomorrow later tonight.

The alder and cherry mix really worked, the alder was alot like oak imho. The cherry gave a great flavor & color to the wings.

I had to take a nap after a few of these, and I saw Oklahoma wasnt going to lose:

almost time to start again, and then fire up the kettle for some Korean BBQ - Galbi aka marinated beef short ribs.

Comment

i just had some grilled wings with your better be world famous Korean wing sauce, man that stuff is great, you should market it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post

All Hail the Wing King
                What he said !!!!

GOSM
                K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                Digital Thermometers
                Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Great looking wings. I too like the Frenched ones w/bacon.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

thanks y'all.

I ran the WSM really hot to get that bacon crisped. ranged between 260 and 300 degrees.

Just prepped about 20 of the bacon wrapped ones for tomorrow. Ill french trim the others and toss them in the Korean bbq when done. Ill save the bacon wrapped ones for my buddies...

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                      i just had some grilled wings with your better be world famous Korean wing sauce, man that stuff is great, you should market it!!!
                      I appreciate that.

I kicked up the heat by doubling the serranos this time.

Comment

Great job, and great looking turn out!
                        sigpic

Comment

Man that is a grand slam out of the park homerun touchem all followed by the game winning touchdown wing post
                          Scarbelly

Comment

everyone that i have fed that it tastes good but think its too hot, wimps, i think its perfect amount of heat and i always have that and buffalo sauce so i alternate.
                            Last edited by Pandemonium; 09-12-2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                              Yeah buddy...I am 100% with you on natural/high quality etc.. meat and making my own sauces and rubs...Believe it or not i think BBQ etc. can be healthy with controlling the ingredients myself....And lots of fresh Veggies...
                              Fresh veggies?? What are those? Oh... you eat them BEFORE you smoke them??
                              DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

Working...
                              X