No announcement yet.

Boneless Chicken Thigh "Meat" Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy the boneless skinless chicken thighs at RD, and they are the whole thigh...some of the hunks of meat are giant sized. I usually split them with a neighbor and keep them in the freezer so I always have some on hand. Be perfect for stuffing down the throat of a grinder.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
      I buy the boneless skinless chicken thighs at RD, and they are the whole thigh...some of the hunks of meat are giant sized. I usually split them with a neighbor and keep them in the freezer so I always have some on hand. Be perfect for stuffing down the throat of a grinder.

Same here, I use it strictly for sausage..

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Just picked up a box, along with baby spinach, headed for the fetta now. Guess what I am making?
        sigpic

Comment

Wow!!! Great price!!!

Maybe sausage for the majority, but some would go great on those skewers of yours!!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Came in a box with 4+- 10 pound bags. Cant really tell if its whole thighs or chunks.... What i could see looked mostly like whole thighs, or large chunks
            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348888388.360638.jpg
            sigpic

Comment

Make some kickarse tandoori thighs out of that too, or tika
              sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Originally posted by dales133 View Post
                Make some kickarse tandoori thighs out of that too, or tika
                Yes, that would be good too, i just love em grilled. With some char n sauce
                sigpic

Comment

My fav chicken cut of all, I learned another tip the other day too, you know how chicken meat in Chinese dishes is realy soft and silky? Well this is how you do it, mix equal amounts of rice wine and corn flour together in a bowel, about a tablespoon of each per pounds probly enough, add diced chicken and mix in well and refrigerate for a minimum of about 30 mins then stirfry, works fantastically on thighs
                  sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Thats a great tip! Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

i'd love some tried and true tandoori and/or tiki recipes to apply. I'll trade you for my version of maui rib marinade.
                      Weber 22.5
                      Lil Chief
                      1950's Crosley Shelvadore
                      Bradley Smoker
                      Maverick ET732
                      Nesco Dehydrator
                      Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

I've made it a bunch of times ill dig out my recipies, the Tina one is similar to my mogul lamb maranade too, you won't get that bright red colour of tandoori if you make it properly with ground spices, they use food coloring for that.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348897915.236465.jpg
                        That's the last lot I made, if you search for my mogul lamb thread there's some more pics
                        sigpic

Comment

Get on it Scott! You might take a look at there beef cuts as well. I was amazed at what they cary. Last time I was at the Cash & Cary on 112th in Tacoma WA, they had the entire Beef shoulder clod. http://www.beefinnovationsgroup.com/.../shoulderclod/

I was also eyeballing the giant jar of spicy pickled eggs. Me and Gus love them evil eggs!
                          Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                          Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                          Yoder Wichita
                          Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                          Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                          Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

you won't get that bright red colour of tandoori if you make it properly with ground spices, they use food coloring for that
                            IT's actually the spices they use - turmeric and something else that gives the colour, possibly paprika or chilli powder. No food colouring in authentic tikka recipes.
                            Plus tikka has tomato puree in it - so between the turmeric, chilli, paprika and tomato is where your colour should come from :-)

Damn totally forgot what the thread was about.

Yep I'd buy that chicken thigh in a heartbeat. My favourite part of the chicken (breast being my least favourite part - of a chicken that is ). Great for just about everything - but superb for sausage
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                              Get on it Scott! You might take a look at there beef cuts as well. I was amazed at what they cary. Last time I was at the Cash & Cary on 112th in Tacoma WA, they had the entire Beef shoulder clod. http://www.beefinnovationsgroup.com/.../shoulderclod/

I was also eyeballing the giant jar of spicy pickled eggs. Me and Gus love them evil eggs!
                              I've bought a couple of them Rob, they are a BIG ASS hunk O beef
                              http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...+shoulder+clod

Speaking of Mr. Gus, we need some more videos of him
                              sigpic

Comment

MEGA UPDATE!

They are full skinless boneless thighs Getting some Cherry smoke here with thinned SBR's and jalapeņo salt

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Fishawn; 10-02-2012, 09:24 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X