Sriracha Asian Smoked Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sriracha Asian Smoked Wings

Well, I finally got the wing thing figured out thankfully. These are by far the best wings I have ever done and they are very simple to do. It's all in the sauce. They are sweet with a good heat that shows up a tad later.

The sauce is:

1 jar 14 or 18 oz. of Orange Marmalade
    1/3 cup of honey
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup Sriracha Sauce

I smoked at 350 degrees with apple wood for an hour. I also put a mild jalapeno rub on the wings before hand:

After an hour, dip the wings in the sauce and smoke for another 15 minutes. Then, dip and flip them one more time for an additional 15 mins. Then, they're done:

the close up:

I was lucky enough to find this recipe and wanted to share it. The pictures do not do justice to the taste of these wings. I was also plesantly surprised at the texture of the skin.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Man....they look fantastic! Gonna give this a try, Louie love's wing's!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Those look great... I bet that sauce would be good on the whole bird as well...
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Man those look really good for pete's sake. I'll have to make some of that sauce. Thanks great post.

Comment

They look more than great, they look fantastic. Bet they didn't last long Bud.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

Thanks everyone. Please do yourself's a favor and try that sauce. The place I found this also suggested trying peach as well as rasberry in place of the orange. All kinds of possibilities and yet it's a simple and easy sauce to make.

Ken, I think you're right. It would be great on a spatchcocked bird especially.
            Pete
            Large BGE

Comment

Oh MAN
              ANOTHER Homerun!

Dude, you like that hot spicy like I do. Dang I'm gonna have to get those done soon.
              Thanks so much for sharing.

I put Franks Red Hot on almost everything I eat.
              I've got Sriracha and the Hot Garlic Chili Sauce in the fridge at all times, and my man Tony (from the Chinese Restaurant up the street) is kind enough to supply me with his Chili Sauce.

Oh those look good.

Points.

Comment

Oh Wow Pete! They look great! Thanks so much for the recipe. You've never let me down in the past. lol I know this is going to be a keeper too!
                jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

OK, now I hafta get some wings out of the freezer. Thanks!
                  Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Whata great looking some, and you can never go wrong with Sriracha!

Comment

Holy Moly those look excellent. I have to wipe the keyboard down again!!

Comment

Wow, Pete. I missed this one. This looks fantastic. You guys got me started on the hot stuff. Never was a big fan, but I'm an addict now. Got a jar of raspberry jelly from dad about a week ago. Gotta find me some of this sriracha sauce. Love doing legs on the grill. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
                        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Thanks guys but I'm just passing the recipe along. They are good so give them a try. It's a sweet heat which really balances things out. Not too much of either after all is said and done.

I haven't had any one say they are too sweet or too hot. The guy who came up with this one knew is stuff.

Just be careful if you make the sauce and dip a chip in it or something. Next thing you know, another chip, and another and no suace left for the bird.
                          Pete
                          Large BGE

Comment

Somehow I missed this post too. Those are some awesome looking wings, Pete. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
                            sigpic
                            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                              Somehow I missed this post too. Those are some awesome looking wings, Pete. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
                              Me too. WoW, them are good looking wings. I gotta eat dinner.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X