Sriracha Asian Smoked Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    Yeah...I'm bummed...3 PM is turn in time for the rib comp in Flushing...Grrr... we WILL have a radio for the UM/MSU game tho :{)

GO WINGS!
    All you need is some WiFi, a laptop, and this site. :-)

http://atdhe.net/
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GrueLurks View Post
      All you need is some WiFi, a laptop, and this site. :-)

http://atdhe.net/
      Huh...no shit... cool! But honestly... if you never been to a comp... turn in time is tough...and usually breakdown time right after for the big stuff. THEN...tick-tock...the wait for the results.

But man...nice to know! Hopefully I'll be back to my bro's place to watch the third!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Just a little update. Did these last weekend with raspberry instead of the orange. It's a different taste but good. The heat element goes down considerably though which probably had to do with the sugar content in the preserves. There is some heat but after the smoke, it cooks off so you can adjust if need be.

In any event, kids and adults gobbled them down. So, if you want the heat, add more. Aslo, some evicence that it really did happen.

The wings after an hour:

After the sauce and ready to go:

Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Dude your killing me here! I am stuffed, yet now I am hungry again.
          Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

I bet that was really good! Raspberry goes well with spice. i wish I could find the recipe for the raspberry habenero sorbet I made once.
            "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
            PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Now I really need to find this sriracha sauce. Still have the raspberry jelly from dad. Bet the marmalade would make a good orange chicken though.

I bought more cherry preserves than needed for the cherry chipotle glaze. Wonder how that would taste? Hmm, the possibillities....
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

I made this recipe tonight in my MES, and this sauce is the best thing I've had on a wing in forever. I added a splash of sesame seeds to my batch for some color. I wish I had added a touch some 357 or Blairs hot sauce to spice them up a bit more since I like the huge heat rush right after the first bite, but these were great as they were. We'll see what the co-workers say on Monday if any are left.

sigpic

Comment

Did them last weekend again for the games. This time, I used Peach preserves.

Of the 3 flavors I've tried, this was the family winner. Good heat and very tasty as least for the adults.
                  Pete
                  Large BGE

Comment

well, pete those look awesome. I have never heard of "Sriracha Asian sauce"
                    and now must hunt it down. the stores I guess have it? or do you special order it?
                    and all the head chefs on the forum have seemed to tried it and every one else is wanting to.
                    So, you really wern't a cook in the corps huh?
                    my oh my your culinary skills keep getting better.
                    reading all this great recipes posted in the forum, my 1st cook on the lang, well I hope I can get the lid closed.
                    And the Capt talks about angus brisket. darn hard to find in these parts. But I will, they sound awesome also.
                    thanks for sharin.
                    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Bill, I get it at the grocery store. It should be pretty easy to find. It's pretty much my ketschup .

Here's a link for it: http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

P.S. their chili garlic is excellent as well. Been using it for years: http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/garlic.htm
                      Pete
                      Large BGE

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                        Bill, I get it at the grocery store. It should be pretty easy to find. It's pretty much my ketschup .

Here's a link for it: http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

P.S. their chili garlic is excellent as well. Been using it for years: http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/garlic.htm
                        Thanks Pete
                        soon as I opened the link and saw the rooster on the bottle, Bingo lol. I have some in the fridge. yes good stuff. But not normally hot enough.
                        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Looking for something different for a Memorial Day Smoke?

This is worthy of a Memorial Day Weekend Bump for some of the newer members who have not seen or tried these. Perhaps, one of the most viewed & tried Chicken threads.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                            This is worthy of a Memorial Day Weekend Bump for some of the newer members who have not seen or tried these. Perhaps, one of the most viewed & tried Chicken threads.
                            Great idea, Scott. They are definitely worh making.

Dave
                            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                            UDS 1.0
                            Afterburner
                            Weber Performer
                            Blue Thermapen
                            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                            Auber Smoker Controller
                            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                            -
                            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Sorry, but I never get tired of looking at these wings....
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                                You Sir are are dead on IT! I was lookin for something to get in trouble with this weekend.
                                Mark
                                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                                X