Suggestions for new thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for new thermometer

So I'm in the market for a new thermometer I've been thinking about the thermopro tp08 or tp20. Also the maverick 732

I am kinda apprehensive about getting the maverick though the last one that I had was a maverick but it was the one they were selling at Home Depot the receiver went out on the second use so ifk of that is a common issue.

Or any other suggestions would be appreciated want to stay around 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Maverick...... Never worked at all, gave it away. Others have had good luck.

Thermoworks for me for probe thermos and Thermapen. Have not tried anything wireless, butt I think I have one somewhere
    sigpic

Comment

I love my Thermoworks Smoke. It is a well made piece of equipment. You get dual probes, wireless display up to 300 yards from base unit. Stretch that $60 to $99 and you won't be disappointed.
      Ed

Smoke Vault 24
      Vermont Castings Gas Grill
      Thermoworks Smoke
      The "Fastest" Orange Thermapen around!
      The Neighbor's 36" Blackstone

Comment

Thermapen or Thermopop. I don't run wires anymore... too much of a pain in the arse.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I vote for anything from Thermoworks...Top of the line
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

keep it cheap - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...?query=fantast

had a set of these I've been using for about 8 years.
            Cheap, reliable, accurate and so cheap if the dog eats one, it doesn't matter.
            I use them both in the kitchen and in the bbq. If it's raining, cover them - other than that they are tough as old boots !
            Also unlike maverick probes, I've immersed fantast probes ion the sink without any issues. usually i just wipe the probe, but they have all been totally immersed at one point or another.

Only maverick i had was imported over by my mate for a christmas present. Just faulty out of the box anda 3 month warranty which was run out. The fantasts are much better :-)
            Any company that only gives 3 months warranty on it' products should be automatically avoided. Anything less than 12 months is illegal in the uk and 3 years is the legal limit for europe.
            Why the states puts up with such pathetic warranties on it's goods has always puzzled me

$6.99 and a 12 month warranty, what's not to like ?

They are not fancy and don't have idiot options like a picture of a cow on the screen. But none of that crap is necessary :-)
            Thy just measure temp accurately and reliably.
            Did I mention they only cost $6.99 ?
            Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-03-2017, 06:44 AM.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
              I vote for anything from Thermoworks...Top of the line
              x2 as well - never had a problem with the type K probes.
              ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Started with the cheap Maverick ET 73---8 years ago. The little exterior on-off switch broke off. Called them--They didn't even ask any questions or ask me to send it back, They just sent me a brand new one. This one couldn't see through my Steel front door, which is right between my recliner & my Smoker (Front Porch), so I got the better ET-732 for my Smoker.
                Then I moved the ET-73 to my Basement curing Fridge. It's been there for 7 years now, and still works great.
                The ET-732 still works great for 7 years too, so two years ago I got another one, so I can monitor more than two things at once. That one works great too.
                They All work Great---I guess I could have paid $100 more for a 5 year warranty, and it wouldn't have done me any good. Never needed the warranty.

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I've got a couple of Mavericks they work just fine but if I was
                  going to do it again it would probably the the "Smoke" from Thremoworks, I've got Thermapen also
                  Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
                  Weber 22.5" WSM
                  Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
                  Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
                  Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
                  Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
                  Weber 18.5" Kettle
                  Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  GMG Daniel Boone
                  Pit Barrel Cooker
                  Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
                  6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
                  Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
                  The Vortex

Comment

I have the Thermopro TP08. Have had it 4 months and so far I really like. May have a probe going out on it already but I have an email in to customer support. Still waiting to hear back. Besides the possible bad probe it works well. I've had the handheld unit ~200 ft away and it worked just fine. Only down side as others have reported is setting your min/max temps. Can only go up so if you overshoot your intended temp you have to take the long way back. I think I paid $45 for it. I feel it is a good deal for that particular unit.

Comment

Been using an ET-735 for two years. Never had a single problem. And I can Bluetooth it to my phone if the weather is bad and I don't want to be outside to long.
                      sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

I have a new ET-735 as well, but it's still in the box. If you're looking for an instant read one, Thermopop, or a Thermowand are both inexpensive and good.
                        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I have two of the old et-73...Both work great...But they don't transmit well through my old lathe and plaster walls...
                          And I never shut off the tiny little on/off switches...Just change the batteries a couple times a year...

If I had the choice...Thermoworks would get all my $$$...Love my DOT, Thermopop, Thermopen, etc...Also have a fridge monitor/alarm and a freezer alarm from Thermoworks...All of them work as advertised...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                            I have two of the old et-73...Both work great...But they don't transmit well through my old lathe and plaster walls...
                            And I never shut off the tiny little on/off switches...Just change the batteries a couple times a year...

If I had the choice...Thermoworks would get all my $$$...Love my DOT, Thermopop, Thermopen, etc...Also have a fridge monitor/alarm and a freezer alarm from Thermoworks...All of them work as advertised...
                            Yep, I have the ET-73 as well... Range is limited a bit bhut other than that I've not had a problem with it. Also have the Thermoworks DOT & Thermapen - work great... Lusting after one of those Thermoworks SMOKE units... Maybe for Christmas...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                            Paul

Comment

Have been using Maverick thermometers back to the ET-73 for at least 15 years now. Been happy with the quality of the product and started being a distributor for Maverick a few years ago. Check out the model's we carry, if your interested we do offer a shaker of our Buffalo Wing seasoning with many of them!
                              www.owensbbq.com/thermometers.html

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
                              X