Crispy Buffalo Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crispy Buffalo Chicken

This has become a new family favorite. It's tender, juicy and loaded with flavor. We started going the way of boneless chicken tenders/wings awhile back due to the kids having braces. I know Wingman has a similar recipe that we have used and it's very good as well.

So here are the main ingredients:

2 breasts

and some flour, egg whites mixed with Franks, and some Panko Bread crumbs:

Then the recipe calls for about 8 minutes total in a pan with 1 Tbl of oil, I used olive oil.

and done there:

Then it calls for putting them on a wire rack with a cookie sheet under them into a 400° oven for 8-10 minutes. I decided to just go with the grill and thermapen to finish them. In fact, they could go grill the whole way in all honesty.

Once done there, dredge them through your favorite sauce. We used franks as everyone is used to it and easy to get. I'll have to play around with that aspect some more later.

And, it's dinner time:

Here's the official recipe:

Crispy Buffalo Chicken

Makes: 4 Servings
    Calories per serving: 288
    Fat per serving: 9g

Ingredients

• 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
    • ˝ cup all-purpose flour
    • 3 large egg whites beaten with 2 tablespoons hot sauce
    • ⅔ cup plain dried bread crumbs
    • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon steak seasoning (I like Montreal Steak Seasoning) I used HAW
    • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    • ˝ cup hot sauce (I like Frank’s Red Hot)

Instructions

1. Preheat your oven to 400° F. Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and set it on top of a large baking sheet.

2. Place 3 shallow bowls in a row. Fill the first with the flour, the second with the egg and hot sauce, and the third with the bread crumbs mixed with steak seasoning.

3. One by one, lightly dredge each tenderloin first in the flour, shaking off the excess, then dip it into the egg, and finally press it into the bread crumbs, taking care to coat both sides. Place the coated tenderloin on a plate and repeat the process with the remaining chicken.

4. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat, and add half of the chicken, spacing them evenly. Only add half of the chicken so you do not overcrowd your pan. Cook the chicken, undisturbed, until they develop a nice crispy crust on one side, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat the cooking process with the remaining half of the tenderloins.

5. Place all of the chicken on the prepared rack and bake until the chicken is crispy and completely baked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Fill a shallow bowl with the hot sauce. Dip each tender into the hot sauce, just to quickly coat. Set the pieces back on the wire rack until you have finished coating all the chicken. Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing for dipping and a side of celery sticks.

As usual, thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Abelman; 04-17-2018, 05:47 PM.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

That looks great Pete! Thanks for posting the recipe.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
      Pete, that looks AWESOME!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Shoot, now ya got my mouth watering! that looks great. Have some
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Looks and sounds tasty
          Jim

Comment

looks real good Pete. try some of RichTee's Hot Whang mixed in that flour. It pretty tasty around here!
            sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Actually, if you read the recipe, I used HAW

That said, I agree with you.
              Pete
              Large BGE

Comment

That's great Pete...My kinda cookin...
                But you know me...I'll skip the fry job and go straight to the grill...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Crispy Buffalo Chicken

Yeah I know about recipes.

Just don’t change the bread or you might get laughed at.
                  Last edited by Abelman; 10-06-2017, 11:31 PM.
                  Pete
                  Large BGE

Comment

Looks Great, thanks for the recipe.
                    sigpic

Comment

That looks Awesome, Pete!!---

I often thought about doing similar, but never got around to it.
                      Now you're making it harder to "Not Do".

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I gotta try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X