CoShell Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DDave View Post

Why the f are coconut shells any more environmentally friendly than hickory and oak chunks?
    Possibly because there's piles of the stuff left over from harvesting the "meat" maybe? I admit I'm hard pressed to come up with any other use for empty coconut shells...
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Possibly because there's piles of the stuff left over from harvesting the "meat" maybe? I admit I'm hard pressed to come up with any other use for empty coconut shells...
      Can be used as bowls for steamed rice, actually works pretty well.
      Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Anything made from a by-product can be considered "green" in the hands of the right marketing people.

But, in this case, it's a true designator. The coconut husks used to make briquettes and coir (which is a garden product) are leftover from harvesting the coconut meat. Otherwise they'd represent a solid waste disposal problem.

The sad part of this experience is that we all have mentally decided against the basic product, all because the manufacturer's quality control sucks.
        But we hae meat and we can eat
        And sae the lord be thanket

Comment

good briquettes can be extremely good.

Last year I pretty much just used briquettes made from cottonwood trees.

Burnt hot, burnt long, smelt just like a great mild wood smoke. If I could get it regularly - it's probably all I would use.

At the moment I lay a bed of briquettes, throw a little lump on top. That ignites in a few minutes with the looft lighter. and sets the briquettes off a treat.
          Currently using a supermarkets own brand as I got caught short a week or two back and that was the only lump and briquettes I coluld find, that weren't 'instant light'.

Avoid that crap like the plague !

Got a 5kg bag from dave that just reeks to high heaven of some kind of petrochemical additive. It's just getting binned.
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

Them Hawaiian bikini tops come to mind
            Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
              I sent a message to the manufacturer - "Saw a thread aout your product on a bbq site I frequent and trust. Figured you may want to know about it and feel free to register and reply to the topic."

Be interesting to see if they reply and if they do, what their explanation is.
              This is in the firepit section , non-members and folks not signed in cant see this thread . Maybe copy it to another section ?
              Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

Originally posted by 1894 View Post
                This is in the firepit section , non-members and folks not signed in cant see this thread . Maybe copy it to another section ?
                Done :{)
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Brinkmann Smokin' Pit Deluxe: heavy gauge, modified
                  Weber 22.5 Gold
                  Weber Smokie Joe

"Racing Cars and Smokin' Q, what else is there to do ?"

Comment

Funny, I thought of the same thing...

Hey Rich, you know this gal?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                      Funny, I thought of the same thing...

Hey Rich, you know this gal?

Hmmmmm, Has that famous Michigan tan!!

No hair on her Chest though.

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                        I used to really like Stubbs briquets... they were outstanding, but it seems something got changed in their formula.. The last few bags I've tried had WAY too much smoke and from that, left an off-taste in the foodage. I went back to lump exclusively.
                        I'm sure that changing the country of origin made a big difference. The old Stubbs on the right came from Paraguay...the new and improved is made here. I noticed this after the big Memorial Day 2fer @ Lowes in 2012.

sigpic
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        New Braunfels Hondo
                        4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                        1-26" Weber Kettle
                        24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                        Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                          I'm sure that changing the country of origin made a big difference. The old Stubbs on the right came from Paraguay...the new and improved is made here. I noticed this after the big Memorial Day 2fer @ Lowes in 2012.

Yup... that's prolly it.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                          X