Lighting charcoal chimney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HistoricFoodie View Post
    Actual tests show that virgin belly button lint burns hottest.

Unfortunately, the supply of virgins, of late, is on the slim side.... :>(
    I dated a woman who had lost her virginity, but still had the original box it came in...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

HH, anyone ever tell you you ain't right?
      But we hae meat and we can eat
      And sae the lord be thanket

Comment

HH, anyone ever tell you you ain't right?
        All the time...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
          Another one we used to use when backpacking, save your dryer lint and fill egg cartons with it, then melt wax into it. Break one off and light it. Works great as a fire starter. Doesn't work real good with the styrofoam egg cartons (but it does work), but the old fashion cardboard ones are awesome.
          Be OK for a camp fire, but I don't think I'd want that concoction burning anywhere near my cooking area..PHEW! Ran across someone using them once..stunk to high heaven.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Was it that, Rich? Or maybe one of those commercial fire-starters, which look similar. Terrible stuff. I'd druther cook on a buffler chip fire!

Or even worse: Self-starting charcoal. My god! How can anyone put a match to that stuff and then want to cook on it?

Comment

Was it that, Rich? Or maybe one of those commercial fire-starters, which look similar. Terrible stuff. I'd druther cook on a buffler chip fire!

Or even worse: Self-starting charcoal. My god! How can anyone put a match to that stuff and then want to cook on it?
              Nods on the match light..but I asked the guy. Dryer lint, wax- in an egg container. Smelled like a lounge lizard in a poly suit on fire.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Nods on the match light..but I asked the guy. Dryer lint, wax- in an egg container. Smelled like a lounge lizard in a poly suit on fire.
                Okay. There's gotta be a story behind this, pyro man...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

If you are in a hurry:

Use newspaper to get a few lumps lit, or put your chimney on the gas stove - 30 seconds.

Use a small variable speed leaf blower to blow on it - in 10 seconds you will have a furnace going.

You can actually melt steel that way. I found out when I was making a few knives.

dcarch

Comment

Love my weed burner too... that sumbitch gets a fire going in seconds!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

OMG you guys make things so much harder than they need to be. Just buy these:

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Green-Egg-.../dp/B000F62ZAC

Or better yet, one of you yahoos figure out how to make them with stuff you have lying around your man cave.

I buy them locally for 14.99 a box and I use a third or fourth of one most times. So I get anywhere from 75-95 fires going for less than 20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Be OK for a camp fire, but I don't think I'd want that concoction burning anywhere near my cooking area..PHEW! Ran across someone using them once..stunk to high heaven.

LOL---Now you brought back long time memories!!

The last time I heard the expression "Stank to High Heaven" was when my Mother was describing the time my Dad roasted a Raccoon in her kitchen oven!!!
                        And they've both been gone since before 1994.

Bear
                        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                          OMG you guys make things so much harder than they need to be. Just buy these:

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Green-Egg-.../dp/B000F62ZAC

I buy them locally for 14.99 a box and I use a third or fourth of one most times. So I get anywhere from 75-95 fires going for less than 20 bucks.
                          Men+fire=fun. You should know that by now...

I do like me Sterno tho... it rocks.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

So I get anywhere from 75-95 fires going for less than 20 bucks

If you're happy with that, Squirrel, that's what counts. But I make my starters from shavings I pick off the workshop floor. Add in the wax and paper cup liner and we're probably talking in the neighborhood of 3-4 cents each (I'm guessing, cuz I actually recycle wax, so aren't paying for it). Call it a nickel to be on the conservative side.

That means the 95 fires you're staring for 20 bucks I'm doing for five. That's a cost savings I'll happily incur.

Comment

Working...
                            X