No announcement yet.

liability insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the score advice edj, there is a local mentor chapter at my library! Woo Hoo!
    Nose4smokeTX
    =================

=================
    Masterbuilt gs40
    Charbroil Commercial grill
    Oven
    Stove
    Crockpot
    My brain

Comment

Re:

Just a thought here and not to hi-jack Cheech's topic.

I've found that any of these Business Mentoring groups, such as SCORE,
      all share a love of good food. Anytime they meet a "cook" or "chef" they are generally receptive. If you have something specialized, they really take notice.

Something I own and grew up with was a Picnic carrier like this one.
      I see these on eBay all the time.

I'm not one bit shy about cooking up some of my "signature" items and loading this thing and taking it with me to interviews or whatever to showcase my product/skill. If you are doing Ribs or whatever take some samples of what you can do and let it speak for you. If they can relate to your food and see a market for what you do, then they can be even more helpful. This way you're not just talking abstract thoughts with them. (they may never have been to a Chili cook off or Rib fest) Photos
      are good to have too. I suggest taking prints so they can be passed around those present. Doing this may cultivate a built in network to build from as they will know lots of people and many of the right people you are wanting to get aboard your venture. Such as Bankers, Investors,
      Insurance People, Corporate folks looking for caterers for summer picnic's where guest of the company are invited, etc. With the Picnic Canister you can sell yourself by sample if you aren't a natural dynamic sales type with eyes that shine and teeth that glitter.

The bottom tray of that Canister has a handle so it can be used as a skillet for warming or heating items you wish to serve hot. You could take with you an electric hot plate. I always have napkins, paper plates and plastic cutlery.

Why do I do this ? Where I've worked as a commercial artist in the past I was expected to carry a portfolio of my work. After my intro to the key people, I was expected to present samples of my work. To me it follows that a culinary artist should be capable of the same.

If you can hit a home run with the SCORE folks, you'll have a team behind you willing to counsel and promote you. They will know a lot of others to introduce you to so that you can build the organization you need to then launch and grow your business.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

Kinda like when I show up at the auto repair shop with a slab of ribs on the passenger seat... or bags of jerky, bacon, whatever :{)
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Kinda like when I show up at the auto repair shop with a slab of ribs on the passenger seat... or bags of jerky, bacon, whatever :{)

LOL----Yup---Let's not fix this guys car to good----We want him to keep coming back!!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Got a meeting set up this coming week! I'll make sure to bring samples!
            Nose4smokeTX
            =================

=================
            Masterbuilt gs40
            Charbroil Commercial grill
            Oven
            Stove
            Crockpot
            My brain

Comment

Working...
            X