No announcement yet.

Yup... it's a new grilling season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop, drop, and roll...never gets old, just sayin'....
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

I'm with Phil. Of course the weather is milder and I've never had to shovel a path though the snow to get to the grills.
      Me too!
      A few of my favorite things:
      Good Whiskey
      Good Food
      Bad Girls
      sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
      Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by PigCicles View Post
        At least you didn't blow anything up that required the ATF to visit. Arm hair is just an early warning system lol
        Wow. i had not thunk o dat thing. thanks!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
          I'm with Phil. Of course the weather is milder and I've never had to shovel a path though the snow to get to the grills.

But as I've told Mrs. DDave, the last day of grilling season is December 31st and it starts up again on January 1st.

Dave
          ExactLEE!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post

But as I've told Mrs. DDave, the last day of grilling season is December 31st and it starts up again on January 1st.

Dave

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Glad this thread got started when it did since Rich just sent my Vortex and it will be here very soon. I'm sure this thread helped to me avoid the inevitable for my first round of Vortex wings this weekend, I'm sure I would have reached right over the center with the tongs and POOF!

Comment

Originally posted by frog1369 View Post
                Glad this thread got started when it did since Rich just sent my Vortex and it will be here very soon. I'm sure this thread helped to me avoid the inevitable for my first round of Vortex wings this weekend, I'm sure I would have reached right over the center with the tongs and POOF!

OOOOPS------One more "Well Done Wing"!!!

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Sooo...speaking of this topic

Last night i did some panko cod around the Vortex. I placed them over the V for a quick char. Then took spatula and slid it under the fish to take off, which placed the handle and my hand over the V. Needless to say the fingers that were wrapped around the spatula (facing down) took quite a direct blast of heat. Just under finger nails to middle knuckles are very tender and red this morn

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderDome View Post
                    Sooo...speaking of this topic

Last night i did some panko cod around the Vortex. I placed them over the V for a quick char. Then took spatula and slid it under the fish to take off, which placed the handle and my hand over the V. Needless to say the fingers that were wrapped around the spatula (facing down) took quite a direct blast of heat. Just under finger nails to middle knuckles are very tender and red this morn
                    Note to self: Get welding gloves out before Vortex arrives!

Comment

Note to self: Get welding gloves out before Vortex arrives!
                      Quit bein' a puss and take it like a man. Bet ya can't do it just once

Well... you can't do it twice till the hair grows back anyway.

It's a "heat of the moment" thing.. you need to remove/turn the subjects, and it's only 10 inches further...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Another note...
                        Never remove the lid bare handed when the V has been in full fire long enough for the thermo to read 650+...
                        Just sayin...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          Another note...
                          Never remove the lid bare handed when the V has been in full fire long enough for the thermo to read 650+...
                          Just sayin...
                          Oh yeah..hot handle syndrome.

Hey Bill I think we gotta pull the V off the market...
                          Need saftey guards errr..somtink?

Comment

You got lucky, it could have been worse.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RonF View Post
                              You got lucky, it could have been worse.
                              hehehe... Oh those old bad violent cartoons!

Comment

Daughter was using their new vortex doing hot wangs yesterday. I warned her not to reach over...but she did..
                                sigpic
                                GMG Daniel Boone
                                UDS
                                Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                                Vision Kamado grill
                                Weber Genesis Silver
                                Smokin Tex
                                MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                                Maverick ET 732
                                Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                                2 orange ThermoPops
                                A-Maze-N Tube 18"