No announcement yet.

Greetings from NE Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks All! Smoked some today... have pics that I'll post when I get a chance, probably tomorrow. Did 3 flavor pops, and two main courses this time.
    DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

Welcome aboard Denny... Glad to have you here at S-M...I have been out of town the last few days.. But I did create a new forum for you guys that do multiple meat smokes..

Hope you enjoy the forum..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Welcome to the forums, from another Hoosier Smoker!
          ~Brian~
          GLBBQA Member KCBS Member and CBJ
          BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

Hello

Welcome, glad you're here

GOSM
            K.C.B.S Member # 60786
            Digital Thermometers
            Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
            140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
              Welcome aboard Denny... Glad to have you here at S-M...I have been out of town the last few days.. But I did create a new forum for you guys that do multiple meat smokes..

Hope you enjoy the forum..
              Thanks Ken. I really appreciate that and the welcome! If I had to take separate pics for every different meat or dish I smoke I'd have a new hobby, photographing food.
              DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

Sorry for being late, but welcome just the same to the neighborhood.

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes!

Joneser-
                  Welcome to the forums, from another Hoosier Smoker!
                  Since you're near Elkhart, just wondering.... do you ever get over to Famous Daves in Mishawaka, and if so, is it any good? I get down to Indy once in awhile and stop at the one there. Not as good as it used to be, or maybe my 'Q is just getting better, but still a nice change of pace ocassionally. Mishawaka is closer than Indy and I get up that way also, at times.

Just wondering. There's a Smoky Bones here. It sucks! Their best dishes are those that don't even try to be or claim to be BBQ. There are a couple of decent independant places that have one good thing or another going for them... one place it's rib tips, another it's pulled pork, and another has great sides to go with their lousy BBQ. FD seems to vary from so-so to pretty darn good depending on the location or sometimes the day. Just thought I'd ask, in case you get back to this thread again.
                  DennyD

Comment

Originally posted by DennyD View Post
                    Thanks for the welcomes!

Joneser-

Since you're near Elkhart, just wondering.... do you ever get over to Famous Daves in Mishawaka, and if so, is it any good?
                    I have not eaten there since they remodeled after the fire, so it's been a couple years.
                    I used to think they were pretty good until I started doing my own. So I pass on it now. There is a great need for a Good Q joint in Northern Indiana. I always punish myself when I see a Q joint around the area....always, always disappointed.
                    ~Brian~
                    BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

Glad to see a fellow Hoosier aboard
                      sigpic
                      Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
                      Great Out doors grill
                      Brinkman verticle
                      And one great UDS
                      Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Originally posted by Joneser View Post
                        I used to think they were pretty good until I started doing my own. So I pass on it now. There is a great need for a Good Q joint in Northern Indiana. I always punish myself when I see a Q joint around the area....always, always disappointed.
                        I think that's always the case in those parts of the country where most folks don't even know what BBQ is. From reading posts by folks who own BBQ restaurants it's difficult to maintain some of the standards that even a seasoned backyard BBQer expects from fresh Q, when meat has to be smoked in mass quamtities ahead of time and kept in such a way as to be ready to serve in 15 minutes or so. Also, in much of the country the perceptions and tastes of the general public are very different than the palates of BBQ enthusiasts or afficionados, and accommodations have to be made for that to have a profitble business.

I understand that.... what restaurant sells chili as outrageously good as the best homemade chili you've ever had? None that I know of. When asked about it, many restauranteurs say they've tried to sell their chili made using their best home cooked chili recipes, and the public wouldn't have it. So when I order chili, I don't think... this isn't as good as mine, because that's a given. Instead I recognize it if it's exceptional restaurant chili.

I think that when you're in parts of the country(like N Indiana) that consider BBQ to be boiled or steamed meat with BBQ sauce added, the best we're likely to get will never be as good as we can fix at home.... or at least the exceptions will be far and few between. Maybe we should just pack up and move to N Carolina or Memphis!
                        DennyD

Comment

Originally posted by smokemania View Post
                          Glad to see a fellow Hoosier aboard
                          Thanks for the welcome, smokemania!
                          DennyD

Comment

Originally posted by DennyD View Post
                            I think that when you're in parts of the country(like N Indiana) that consider BBQ to be boiled or steamed meat with BBQ sauce added, the best we're likely to get will never be as good as we can fix at home.... or at least the exceptions will be far and few between. Maybe we should just pack up and move to N Carolina or Memphis!
                            I'm determined to spread the Gospel of Great BBQ here! Michigan is catching on finally....
                            ~Brian~
                            BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

Working...
                            X