Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk

Sports Talk The Only Other Thing That Goes Good With Que & Brew, Is Sports. For You Sportz Junkies

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Shredded Chicken Mad Hunky Green Chile Fritters
Last Post: barkonbutts
Posted On: 10-24-2017
Replies: 4
Views: 36
0 Breakfast anyone?
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 4
Views: 57
0 Modified AC Legg #116 snack sticks
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 7
Views: 120
0 Smoked Prime Rib (Double Birthday Dinner)
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Posted On: 10-23-2017
Replies: 10
Views: 120
0 Prime Rib Throwdown
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Posted On: 10-23-2017
Replies: 9
Views: 108
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,376 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,743 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 640,762 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
View Poll Results: Sportsmanlike or no?
Yes, this gripes my cookies & is very unsportsmanlike. 5 21.74%
No, what's the big deal? 7 30.43%
I care not... 7 30.43%
Why are there no pics of BBQ in this thread? 😎 5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2017, 06:53 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelman View Post
Winner, Winner, chicken dinner.

Can't beat that answer.
X2

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-15-2017, 07:00 PM
Fire Starter

70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master

My big thing is,If you caught it,Don't throw it back,At least give it to a kid in the section.We'd a killed for a ball at the old Vet in Philly when I was a kid.I damn near got my head taken off by a puck at a Junior hockey game when I first moved up here.It buzzed past my head hit the wall behind me and fell at the back of my feet.I reached down picked it up and gave it to a kid in the row in front of us.I guess as I got older,It became more of a kids thing than anything else.Although,We went to Louisville for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2016 and my wife brought me a personalized bat at the Louisville slugger museum.I did feel like a kid that day.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:28 PM
Learning from the Best

DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All
DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
Our world is changing soooo fast from what it once was the lines are getting blurred on what was cool is now offensive and what was offensive is kinda cool.. Then you have the ones that hate everything and everyone..

I weep for the future...
Amen to that, brother.

As far as tossing the ball back . . . if I was rooting for the home team and the visiting team hit it out, I'd offer it to a kid in the vicinity. If there were no kids around and I was a rabid baseball fan, I'd consider tossing it back.
One Weber Kettle, One Knockoff Kettle
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller
Proud Smoked -Meat Member #88

-

"All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010
Old 09-16-2017, 04:32 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70stang View Post
My big thing is,If you caught it,Don't throw it back,At least give it to a kid in the section.We'd a killed for a ball at the old Vet in Philly when I was a kid.I damn near got my head taken off by a puck at a Junior hockey game when I first moved up here.It buzzed past my head hit the wall behind me and fell at the back of my feet.I reached down picked it up and gave it to a kid in the row in front of us.I guess as I got older,It became more of a kids thing than anything else.Although,We went to Louisville for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2016 and my wife brought me a personalized bat at the Louisville slugger museum.I did feel like a kid that day.

LOL---I felt the same way at "Connie Mack Stadium", before they built the "Vet".

Bear
Old 09-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Pit Master

erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All
erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
Hey... Don't be picking on hockey.. At least it's not slow and can be very boring...

Anyhoo.. Me not a baseball fan but know what is cool and not cool.. Like Rich said if it is the opposing team I have seen them tossed back on the field, then I have seen them given to the kids (very cool) and then you have the Dolts that are so pissed that their team is not in the payoff run or just a dick toss them on the field to try and prove a point.. Our world is changing soooo fast from what it once was the lines are getting blurred on what was cool is now offensive and what was offensive is kinda cool.. Then you have the ones that hate everything and everyone..

I weep for the future...
Heck picking on hockey is fun, specially on the state that has the stolen team from the northland...

as far as throwing the ball back, definitely a new trend that has grown, but paying the inflated ticket prices in the taxpayer funded stadiums I think they can do what they want with their souvenir, keep it, give it to a kid, and if you feel like it throw it back on the field. just as long as they not throwing it at someone.
Dutch Ovens and other CI
Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Old 09-17-2017, 07:57 AM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by erain View Post
Heck picking on hockey is fun, specially on the state that has the stolen team from the northland...

as far as throwing the ball back, definitely a new trend that has grown, but paying the inflated ticket prices in the taxpayer funded stadiums I think they can do what they want with their souvenir, keep it, give it to a kid, and if you feel like it throw it back on the field. just as long as they not throwing it at someone.

We did not steal the North Stars, they drove down on their own..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 09-17-2017, 09:44 AM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Well..if the opposing team hit it... well, I do see it as a “raspberry”. I’d be inclined to toss it back.
I do believe that this is what the original intent was and currently is.

True Cub fans and the the folks that sit in the outfield (bleacher bums) are the the most (IMHO) sportsmanlike fans of the other teams in the area.

If I had the chance of catching a home run ball hit from either team, I would most likely give it it to a kid with a mitt.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:37 PM
Fire Starter

70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master70stang Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
LOL---I felt the same way at "Connie Mack Stadium", before they built the "Vet".

Bear
I saw a few games in Shibe Park before they built the Vet.Funny story,in 1964 after the Phils lost the 10th game to knock them out of first,My Dad,After being an A's and Phillies fan his entire life,Turned me into a Baltimore Orioles fan after I learned that Gene Mauch's first name wasn't a certain four letter word that couldn't be used around Mom.It was a typical Philly sports family even after my Dad passed in 68.My Mother and sister didn't wavier,They stayed Phillie fans and even after my Dad passed tried to convince me to come back to the fold.To the day my Mom passed she kept trying,She got me this,I thought you might like to see it.A replica of Connie Mack/Shibe Park.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Cool !!!
That brings back some memories!!! Definitely CM Stadium!!

I'll never forget the first time I went to Connie Mack Stadium. I had to sit way to the side of my seat, because there was a concrete pillar right in front of my seat. This was when my whole Pony League Team went to the Game---Back in 1957.

I'm still a Phillies Fan, but I don't watch them, because I don't get those channels.
Bear Jr watches them a lot---Like I used to, before the second Strike.

Bear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk