Question -- Buying meat online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question -- Buying meat online

It seems like every time fall comes around I get the itch to cure some pork bellies, and since I recently moved and don't have a local butcher I trust I was thinking about ordering a few online.

Any suggestions of a place that has quality pork online you'd recommend?

Or; A butcher in the Phoenix area that has em without pre-ordering....

Thanks in advance!
    New Braunfels Black Diamond
    18.5" WSM
    Weber Performer Deluxe Black
    18.5 Weber Kettle
    22.5 Weber Kettle
    Maverick ET732
    6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Do you have a costco near by? Mine often has bellies, might be worth a call.
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Hey Zip...
      I know nothing...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
        Hey Zip...
        I know nothing...
        18.5" WSM
        18.5 Weber Kettle
        22.5 Weber Kettle
        Maverick ET732

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

Costco is my best source and also the best price.

We recently got a new grocery store in our small town and I was chatting with the meat guy and asked him if they had any pork bellies... You could have knocked me over with a feather when he said sure we do. I never would have guessed. My point is that you may be surprised what you'll find it you just ask around where you normally shop
          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
            Costco is my best source and also the best price.

We recently got a new grocery store in our small town and I was chatting with the meat guy and asked him if they had any pork bellies... You could have knocked me over with a feather when he said sure we do. I never would have guessed. My point is that you may be surprised what you'll find it you just ask around where you normally shop
            Good point Dana!
            I need to ask our local butcher what they can, and can not get. They do have pretty good bacon, butt would like to make me own some day.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey fellow Desert dweller. I don't know if you have to preorder or not, but check out Hobe meats on 16st & Bethany Home rd. I got some Picanha there when I wasn't able to find it anywhere else locally. I called them and 2 days later, I had some Picanha ready for the smoker. Good people there
              Mike
              Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
              POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
              Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

since yer in gilbert the US Foods Chef Store has them in stock most of the time. they are on Southern and McClintock on the NE corner in Tempe. you will need a membership but it is free, takes 2 min and no business tax ID # is required like at Restaurant Depot. also the Pork Shop in San Tan Valley has higher end stuff...............
                sigpic
                it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by Otis857 View Post
                  Hey fellow Desert dweller. I don't know if you have to preorder or not, but check out Hobe meats on 16st & Bethany Home rd. Good people there
                  Thanks for the Tip!

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                  since yer in gilbert the US Foods Chef Store has them in stock most of the time. they are on Southern and McClintock on the NE corner in Tempe. you will need a membership but it is free, takes 2 min and no business tax ID # is required like at Restaurant Depot. also the Pork Shop in San Tan Valley has higher end stuff...............
                  Thanks! Looks like the pork shop is open today, Ill check em out.
                  18.5" WSM
                  18.5 Weber Kettle
                  22.5 Weber Kettle
                  Maverick ET732

sigpic

Comment

The Pork Shop has some great stuff. You can lay down some serious bucks there if you're not careful... While you're down there you might want to pick up some Iowa cut pork chops... Oh so good... Also, take home some Sun Devil snack sticks & some Fat Tire brats if they have them... You won't regret it... Well, your wallet might...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                    Paul

Comment

I saw bellys at Sam's yesterday.
                      MES 30"
                      A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                      Weber 22" kettle
                      E-Z-Que rotisserie
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Big Weber Gasser
                      Cracker Smoker
                      UDS

Comment

I read through this post because I am hoping someone has a quality, yet reasonably priced, mail order supplier. I’m in Englewood Florida (hour south of Sarasota and hour and a half north of ft Meyers) and the local butchers either charge near $8/pound for frozen belly or won’t even order it in. Costco and Sams in the area no longer carry belly either. Publix will order in but you have no way to select from several. I also think they are previously frozen?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MDGirlInFL View Post
                          I read through this post because I am hoping someone has a quality, yet reasonably priced, mail order supplier. I’m in Englewood Florida (hour south of Sarasota and hour and a half north of ft Meyers) and the local butchers either charge near $8/pound for frozen belly or won’t even order it in. Costco and Sams in the area no longer carry belly either. Publix will order in but you have no way to select from several. I also think they are previously frozen?)
                          Try the Mexican/Spanish markets... if ya have not?
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

asian markets also have belly too...........
                            sigpic
                            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

[emoji1303] thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X