New 15lb LEM Stuffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 15lb LEM Stuffer

I was so impressed with the new LEM 5lb stuffer that when I seen the 15lber on sale the other day I thought I better grab it with sausage season sneaking up on us... This thing is a beast. can't wait to use it,,, not as many refills now.

IMG_20171013_171742539_BURST001[1].jpg
    IMG_20171013_174157234-4008x3006[1].jpg
    IMG_20171013_174226915[1].jpg
    Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
    1930 Fridge Build
    MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
    Therma Pen
    Maverick 732
    Mini Therma Pen
    Frog Mats
    Weber Junior
    AMPS & AMPTS

Looks nice - That'll put out some sticks for ya
    ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

DANG!! A beast is right! Congrats on the new toy!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks nice...let us no how it does on sticks.....My 20lb Cabelas will not do sticks.
        z
        sigpic
        GMG Daniel Boone
        UDS
        Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
        Vision Kamado grill
        Weber Genesis Silver
        Smokin Tex
        MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
        Maverick ET 732
        Brown and lime green ThermaPens
        2 orange ThermoPops
        A-Maze-N Tube 18"
        A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
        Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by zombini View Post
          Looks nice...let us no how it does on sticks.....My 20lb Cabelas will not do sticks.
          z
          Ya,, I am wondering on the sticks also,,, with the new 5lber it was way smoother that the old lem 5er fopr doing sticks,,,,, I will need to build a special tube if I do sticks as the throat on this one is larger and smallest tube is like 7/8" or so... I will give it a shot and see how it does,,, if not that's fine with me,,, lots of brats and kielbasa to make,,, oh can't forget the summer sausage also.
          1930 Fridge Build
          MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
          Therma Pen
          Maverick 732
          Mini Therma Pen
          Frog Mats
          Weber Junior
          AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

Wow, that right there is a thing of beautify.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Ohhhh, I like new toys... Nice! I am envious..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by zombini View Post
                z
                Originally posted by driedstick View Post
                I will need to build a special tube if I do sticks as the throat on this one is larger and smallest tube is like 7/8" or so...
                There is a seller on eBay who has the small stainless steel tubes for both the 5lb stuffers (use the 1 9/16" base tubes) and the larger stuffers like the 15 and 20lb models (use the 2 1/16" base tubes). I bought one of his 9mm tubes (inner diameter) as the small one LEM made that fit my 5lb Kitchener stuffer (LEM clone) is actually 3/8" inner diameter and does not handle the 17mm casings well. The 9mm tube is supposed to handle down to a 14mm casing and is way smaller than the LEM snack stick tube.

The same seller also has all sorts of sizes of stainless stuffer tubes if you want to replace those white plastic ones with stainless. He even has bundled sets of stainless 2 1/16" tubes.

There are several sellers with the above, but this is the one I bought mine from:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/butcher-baker

Here is a stainless stuffer tube for the larger stuffers. This one is the 3/8" tube with 2 1/6" base and it will handle 19mm and 21mm casings with ease (he lists that it will handle down to 16mm casings). Should work great with sheep casings also.

2 1/6" base stainless steel snack stick stuffer tube

He also has a lot of grinder plates and knives and other sausage making supplies. I bought a 1/8" fine grinder plate for my #12 grinder when I ordered my small tube
                Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Originally posted by dward51 View Post
                  There is a seller on eBay who has the small stainless steel tubes for both the 5lb stuffers (use the 1 9/16" base tubes) and the larger stuffers like the 15 and 20lb models (use the 2 1/16" base tubes). I bought one of his 9mm tubes (inner diameter) as the small one LEM made that fit my 5lb Kitchener stuffer (LEM clone) is actually 3/8" inner diameter and does not handle the 17mm casings well. The 9mm tube is supposed to handle down to a 14mm casing and is way smaller than the LEM snack stick tube.

The same seller also has all sorts of sizes of stainless stuffer tubes if you want to replace those white plastic ones with stainless. He even has bundled sets of stainless 2 1/16" tubes.

There are several sellers with the above, but this is the one I bought mine from:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/butcher-baker

Here is a stainless stuffer tube for the larger stuffers. This one is the 3/8" tube with 2 1/6" base and it will handle 19mm and 21mm casings with ease (he lists that it will handle down to 16mm casings). Should work great with sheep casings also.

2 1/6" base stainless steel snack stick stuffer tube

He also has a lot of grinder plates and knives and other sausage making supplies. I bought a 1/8" fine grinder plate for my #12 grinder when I ordered my small tube
                  Dave thanks a bunch for the links,,, I am going to order one,,, have you ever stuffed snack sticks with a large stuffer like this,, if so is there anything I should do different,, I already use the food grade grease and such,, just wondering if it will do sticks

Thanks,
                  1930 Fridge Build
                  MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
                  Therma Pen
                  Maverick 732
                  Mini Therma Pen
                  Frog Mats
                  Weber Junior
                  AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

Originally posted by driedstick View Post
                    Dave thanks a bunch for the links,,, I am going to order one,,, have you ever stuffed snack sticks with a large stuffer like this,, if so is there anything I should do different,, I already use the food grade grease and such,, just wondering if it will do sticks

Thanks,
                    No, I use a 5lb model for sticks. The one concern I would have for the bigger one is the same as for the 5lb model. You can be putting a lot of force on the plunger that is trying to squeeze meat into a very small exit tube. I like to make my stick meat a little moist and loose for this reason. Adding phosphates to the meat with the spices helps with the texture and counteracts shrinkage a good bit. But my final mix tends to be loose, but not too loose. And I'm careful to pay attention to the pressure I'm putting on the hand crank. This is for 2 reasons. My 5 lb stuffer has the white nylon gears and I don't want to put too much pressure on the meat plunger which is also that white nylon plastic. Also most of my stick are in 21mm casings which lets me use the LEM 3/8" tube which flows better than that really small 9mm tube I have.

I don't see any reason that 15 lb stuffer could not do sticks, just go slow, pay attention to the meat looseness (add water/beer if needed before stuffing), and try not to crank down too much pressure on the plunger as the meat can only come out that small tube so fast.
                    Dave

Comment

I don't see any reason that 15 lb stuffer could not do sticks, just go slow, pay attention to the meat looseness (add water/beer if needed before stuffing), and try not to crank down too much pressure on the plunger as the meat can only come out that small tube so fast.[/QUOTE]

Yep that is what I was figuring also,,, I use 21MM do a small batch and see how it does,,, Most of my mixes are either 12 1/2 or 25lbs that is why I bought this one,,,, I love the NEW 5lb it cranks them very smoothly another reason I picked this one up,,, I could not believe how smooth it was.

Thanks for the input,, going to try to see if I get time to make some this weekend and I will let you know.
                      1930 Fridge Build
                      MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
                      Therma Pen
                      Maverick 732
                      Mini Therma Pen
                      Frog Mats
                      Weber Junior
                      AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

I ran a 7lb batch of sticks in 21mm collagen casings today. I used the LEM 3/8" tube which is actually 1/2" outside diameter. Here is a photo of my LEM tube (on left) and the 9mm tube I bought on eBay for smaller casings. You can see the eBay one is considerably smaller than the 3/8" LEM, but the 3/8" is perfect for 21mm casings and sheep casings. The stick thread is also on the forum.

Dave

Comment

interesting looking gearing on that 15lb unit.
                          Any idea on the gearing ratio ?
                          That;s what would make the difference.

And yep none of the tubes that come with stuffers fit the collagen casing properly. Pretty much the first thing I ever made with my first 3d printer (got three now and looking at 5 in the near future) were correct sized stuffer tubes for collagen casing. Over 3 years and counting, same tubes still working fine :-)
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                          X