Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 01-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Fire Starter

jgruberman Is Just Starting Out
Default Anyone know anything about this smoker??

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/smoke...with-bluetooth

Just jumped out at me in the sales circular... Never heard if it but curious if anyone has and overall experience... Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

I don't personally, butt I looked it up on Amazon and reviews are worse than Bass Pro

Smoke Hollow D4015SS 40" Digital Electric Smoker with Smoke-Tronix Bluetooth Technology , Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTGJGPU..._iZwwAb88S249C
Old 01-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Well it's purty to look at...
Old 01-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Fire Starter

Yeah I mean the reviews are cruddy... And yeah it looks nice. I talked to the guy at Bass Pro(where I just came to) and he said that I have 90 days to decide I don't like it and return it. I might try for the heck of it... What do I have to lose?

Old 01-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Fire Starter

Was just hoping people with firsthand experience might be able to chime in and say something about it before I loaded it into my truck lol

Old 01-12-2018, 10:40 PM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Bluetooth in your smoke.

Next thing you know the neighbor kid or the Russians will hack your smoker
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

I cuss like a Sailor, because I am a Sailor

Old 01-13-2018, 04:41 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty ol salt View Post
Bluetooth in your smoke.

Next thing you know the neighbor kid or the Russians will hack your smoker
I take any wattburner with a grain of salt. (Nuthin’ personal Padre’)

I know there’s people doing BBQ with them, but to me, they will always be fish/sausage/jerky machines... “lighter” smoking duty appliances.

Surely the convenience makes them attractive, and I can’t fault folks for liking that.

It’s not a ton of money, and if you get 90 days..well, I guess give it a run.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:06 AM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
I take any wattburner with a grain of salt. (Nuthin’ personal Padre’)
You know I am not a fan either... Damn thing looks like an outdoor fridge for the patio
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

I cuss like a Sailor, because I am a Sailor

Old 01-13-2018, 02:21 PM
Fire Starter

Stands as tell as my MES on a stand and has what appears to be decent features. Spout for the water pan, grease catch, chip tray outside the unit... Seasoned it last night and will probably throw a rack of ribs in each tomorrow and see how they go.

Worst case, I can always use it as a very good looking food warmer for meat that I need to hold above 145 when it's done cooking, right?

Old 01-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

you get after it!...you may just get in the fast lane & go wide open with it!

Old 01-13-2018, 09:26 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
Seasoned it last night and will probably throw a rack of ribs in each tomorrow and see how they go.
Looking forward to the results/comparison... (pics)
Old 01-13-2018, 09:27 PM
Fire Starter

First observation... I followed the seasoning directions and put wood chips in the drawer and this morning the wood chips were still there....never caught

Old 01-13-2018, 09:46 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
Default Anyone know anything about this smoker??

Quote:
First observation... I followed the seasoning directions and put wood chips in the drawer and this morning the wood chips were still there....never caught

Taking “ low and slow” to the next level I see...

Just out of curiosity, since you already have a MES40, why the addition of a second electric?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2018, 09:51 PM
Fire Starter

I'm a sucker for a hefty markdown, and figured I'd just play around with something else to see how it worked. No real reason other than to try something new.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:54 PM
Cookin with fire

Quote:
I'm a sucker for a hefty markdown, and figured I'd just play around with something else to see how it worked. No real reason other than to try something new.

I like the attitude here...
Old 01-13-2018, 09:55 PM
Fire Starter

I tried to get the wood chips ignited again and this time, they lit up great and was some pretty heavy smoke... Much more than the MES. But I also may have overloaded the wood chip tray for the sake of seasoning it.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Cookin with fire

a learning curve with every new unit...
Old 01-13-2018, 10:02 PM
Fire Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
a learning curve with every new unit...
Agreed. The first time I test it with a smoke, it'll probably be side by side with the old one with something small like pork loins. I just pulled the chip tray and put more in for the sake of testing the loading process. It seems worth giving it a test run at least for all aspects.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:16 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Sure is a nice looking unit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > General Information