Cheese tutorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese tutorial?

I did a quick search for a smoked cheese tutorial on the site and didn't find one. IS there one? or am I way overthinking the process. Like as long as it doesn't look like someone's avatar I am good?
    Last edited by gmotoman; 02-28-2017, 05:39 PM.

Not sure if this is what your looking for.
    But this site has a lot of great info.

http://www.cheese.com/

Sorry, I just realized you meant a tutorial about smoking cheese.
    Last edited by BYBBQ; 02-28-2017, 04:57 PM.
    Jim

Comment

Not real complicated. Ya just cold smoke cheese below the melting point. For me it's 88°. Kinda hard to get that low with this weather........
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
        Not sure if this is what your looking for.
        But this site has a lot of great info.

http://www.cheese.com/

Sorry, I just realized you meant a tutorial about smoking cheese.
        OK I need to edit my post I was talking about smoking cheese. but all that said I just spent 45 mins on the site you linked so THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
          I did a quick search for a smoked cheese tutorial on the site and didn't find one. IS there one? or am I way overthinking the process. Like as long as it doesn't look like someone's avatar I am good?

Just do not ask Rich.. Just Sayin'..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
            OK I need to edit my post I was talking about smoking cheese. but all that said I just spent 45 mins on the site you linked so THANKS!
            Lots of cheese smoking goin' on around here. Pick out your favorite cheese, I like to use 1/4 LB chunks, get some smoke rolling and keep it under 80-85 degrees and you'll be fine. I also like to go at least 2 hours but that's just me.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

After you smoke it...use that new vac sealer and put a vac seal on the cheese to meld the flavors deep into the block you smoked...it will also mellow it out a bit...sometimes the flavor of just smoked cheese can be pretty strong. Keep it vac sealed in the fridge for a couple weeks and then dig in.
              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I might be the only one here that thinks one hour is enough for cheese...I still like to taste the cheese

I like to light 6-10 charcoals (depending on the weather) and put a foil pack of chips on the coal to smoke...When the smoke quits rolling (45-60 minutes) it's done...Chill and vac pac...It's that easy...

In my stick burner I don't even monitor temps...My method never creates enough heat in the cooking chamber to worry about it...

Now in the "old days" I used to smoke the living sh*t out of it and some folks were really put off by the flavor...I get NO complaints now...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Tillamook Cheddar. Apple smoked.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    I might be the only one here that thinks one hour is enough for cheese...
                    No, you're not.

My last cheese smoke was 1 hour with cherry pellets and it was perfect. I don't like an overwhelming smoke taste with my cheese, a little goes a long way.

And I also have a weird texture thing. It has to be cold out for me to smoke it. If it gets too warm (like room temp warm) the texture changes similar to leaving cheese out on a warm day and it "skins over" when it cools if that makes any sense.
                    Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                      And I also have a weird texture thing. It has to be cold out for me to smoke it. If it gets too warm (like room temp warm) the texture changes similar to leaving cheese out on a warm day and it "skins over" when it cools if that makes any sense.
                      That's the oil/fat leaking out then resolidifying it's not al nicely emulsified anymore. But won't stop from eating it, and it still melts normally so m'eh.

Comment

Working...
                      X