Mad Hunky Salmon Brine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Hunky Salmon Brine

Rich sent me a sample of his brine about a year ago I am just now trying it since I sold my boat I don't catch as many salmon as I used too
    Let me start by saying that I grew up on a reservation where smoke salmon was plentyful and it was salted and smoked and that's how I like my smoked salmon salted and smoked I do not like sweet smoked salmon so when Rich offered the sample to me I thought oh no another sweet brine that will sit on the shelf forever
    It turns out that I was wrong it's not sweet and it tastes pretty good I like it thank you Rich for letting me try another one of your great products
    Last edited by salmonclubber; 11-14-2017, 07:48 AM.

Happyness is a full smoker

Cool! We have a tradition of smoking fish down here as well (mostly mullet), I was skeptical. It's not the same but it is pretty darn good, more savory than sweet.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Looks Great Clubber!!

Long time no see---Good to see ya!

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I knew I was taking a risk sending it to an old hand like you Huey. And I thank you for giving it a trial. No..it’s not what you are used to. And I KNOW what you are used to. Whenever I go to the UP there’s a favorite place I get smoked steelhead and whitefish. Classic stuff.

I kept that in mind when I worked on this stuff. Yes..there IS some sweet. But it’s not offensive like some of the “candy” things I have had. The seasonings are light, yet there. Onion and CBP are the main players. Sage, in tribute to Old Bay

The sweet it DOES have is dehydrated honey.

I really respect your opinion and am grateful you gave it sir! And YES! Good to see ya aboot the joint again!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice job Huey, looks great! I have only used it one time and liked it, will have to change that soon.
          sigpic

Comment

Looking good
            Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
            1930 Fridge Build
            MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
            Therma Pen
            Maverick 732
            Mini Therma Pen
            Frog Mats
            Weber Junior
            AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

yup. did the same for me. Salmon in Oklahoma aren't as good obviously. we did use some on some trout and it was pretty tasty.

you folks are welcome to send any extra salmon my way anytime.
              sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Working...
              X