Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
      How do you dry your Jalapenos?
      As soon as I read this Brian, I thought..... SH!T, I should smoke them, then dry them

I currently dry them in a dehydrator.... I'm gonna split some & throw them on the Weber that's got some butts on it smoking.....

Thanks for waking me brain up
      sigpic

Comment

Any suggestions if you do not have a dehydrator??? Do you leave the seeds in or take then out?? roasting does sound good though!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Any suggestions if you do not have a dehydrator??? Do you leave the seeds in or take then out?? roasting does sound good though!!
          Hmmm....... I dunno, maybe somebody else can help with that? ...... I always took seeds oot & then dehydrated them..... This thyme, I just split them all & threw them into the kettle with some Apple wood chunks, trying to keep 200-250 ish ..... I think I'm gonna keep seeds and all this thyme, grind after dehydrating & see what happens ...... I can honestly say though, that the original recipe is really good & not too hot..... Next round might be a little different
          sigpic

Comment

You can dry them in the oven. Heat to 150 or 175, leave door open about 1" and keep check on them. Should take around 2 hours.

I would leave seeds in for the heat!
            Steve
            ---------------------------------------------

Weber 26.75 One Touch Gold Kettle
            Weber 22.5" Kettle
            Weber 18" Kettle
            UDS
            Weber Gas Grill
            Masterbuilt XL Propane Upright
            sigpic

Comment

for this recipe. SIL asked what to do with all their japs so I passed along this recipe. And that got me fired up to try it with the hatch peppers I smoked and dehydrated. Dam that's good sinus medication got a small whiff of it now the nose won't stop running. Made blackened catfish for dinner, I seasoned a little to heavy with the stuff but very good. First time I can breath through my nose in 2 months.
              sigpic

Comment

Bump.

Had to look this up...I'm substituting chipotle for the japs, but otherwise as written. Good stuff.
                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

The pepper powder that Brian sent me has cilantro in it...A very nice addition...

This year I fire roasted some ripe Jalapenos and then dried them...Mmmmm...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Just made a batch of this. It’s freaking awesome.
                    Highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X