Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Homemade Smokers

Homemade Smokers Be It Charcoal, Gas, Electric Or Stick Burner. Lets See Them Here.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Sometimes I have a perk to my job
Last Post: Richtee
Posted On: 11-17-2017
Replies: 3
Views: 28
0 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs (Second Round)
Last Post: Ryan
Replies: 3
Views: 69
0 Thanks Rich
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 10
Views: 152
0 Small Blade Roast
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 5
Views: 172
0 Still Blonde...
Last Post: dsgarner06
Replies: 4
Views: 109
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,415 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,851 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,490 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 08-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Meat Mopper

BrewMasterJosh Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & SmokingBrewMasterJosh Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & Smoking

MAn, that is nice!! Im just happy to be smokin. Thanks for sharing the whole process.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 06-05-2012, 02:08 PM
sinfully good BBQ...

iPreach4God Is Just Starting Out
Default great project

wanting to know if you have plans drawn up for this... i would love to have dimensions and approx. how many sheets of steel you used...
Old 06-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Elder Smoker

Savannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Now that sure is pure craftsmanship. Great job on both the design and build.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM
I like meat

Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All
Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All

That's one helluva smoker sir! And all this time I thought you were just another pretty face.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Rub Mixer

toolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godtoolboxdiver Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

AWESOME Build and it looks great, thanks for sharring your build with us
30 Gal UDS/BADS
Weber 22.5 Kettle Grill
about 8 other grills???
BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 temp control
Old 06-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Pit Master

tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All
tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All

Dana, want to build me one? :) !!!!!!

Humphrey's Pint
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
Anova One Sous Vide
AMPS
Purple Thermapen
Maverick ET-733
DigIQ DX2
Misfit #1674

Old 06-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

yeah he does do sweet work

If I ever win the lottery, I'm making a date for the 4th july and we can discuss smoker builds :-)

A man has to dream

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Banned

ALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To All
ALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To All

Man...brother......I never gave this thread points......
Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 PM
sinfully good BBQ...

anyone know how to get a hold of him... i really would like the dimensions...
Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPreach4God View Post
anyone know how to get a hold of him... i really would like the dimensions...
BBQEngineer is here quite regularly :{)

Welcome to Smoked-Meat Preacher#3 (We already have two...PreacherRogers and Crusty Ole Salt )

Probably a good thing considering some of the membrship here heh!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 PM
sinfully good BBQ...

thanks and glad to be here... i really love this and have a guy at church willing to do all the work for free... i want this for our church picnics and fund raising...it is simply amazing
Old 08-14-2012, 01:44 AM
fire and brimstone

PreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodPreacherRodgers Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

I'm gonna have to start watching who I hang out with Rich
Old 12-19-2012, 07:48 AM

zelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
Hi Everyone,

Last summer I built a large trailer mounted smoker that was quite a project for me. I thought I would post the build here so that you can see my adventure too. It is pretty long, so I thought I would post it in sections every few days so if you have any questions about the build I can answer them.

What I wanted was a trailer mounted reverse flow smoker with a side rib rack that was double walled and insulated. The plan was for the horizontal chamber to be 4' in length, and ~26 inches square. I am actually going to cut one corner off, so the side that the doors are on is not sitting vertical, but slanted a bit...sort of like a side view of the old time Ice Machines that sat outside of gas stations and grocery stores...). In my graphic, the red is the fire, and it will traverse the horizontal unit and enter the blue smoking chamber. It will then flow across the meat, and then enter the side rib rack at the bottom (represented by the yellow). It will exit the top through a 4" square chimney.

I had built some smaller cabinets that were double walled and insulated, so I had a good Idea what I was getting into…

I think that this smoker is epic! I hope I'm not annoying you but I'd love to build one similar to this. You have any more pictures or dimensions? Anything you'd change on it? I like the air intake valves on the front. They work well?

Last edited by DDave; 09-17-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Pit Master

tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All
tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All

Dang, thanks for bumping this. I have of course noticed this smoker in BBQE's sig. I have often thought to ask where he bought it....no I know LOL! So here are some more for one heck of an accomplishment.
22.5" Weber Silver
UDS X 2
Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
Char Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
Charbroil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
5" AMZNPS
Vortex x 2
Walmart gasser for Mrs Bee.
Maverick ET 73
Maverick ET 732
Maverixk Pro Temp instant read thermometer
Pitmaster iQue 110
Old 12-19-2012, 06:35 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelix View Post
I think that this smoker is epic! I hope I'm not annoying you but I'd love to build one similar to this. You have any more pictures or dimensions? Anything you'd change on it? I like the air intake valves on the front. They work well?
Hey Zelix, Not annoying me...just had a big cook today at work, the Feast of Feasts, the Gobble Till You Wobble Thanks-Give-Mas Potluck. Did 4 turkeys and a couple of hams. Damn I'm stuffed.

Anyway

I did post the smaller insulated cabinet build as well. You can look at that one at this link. I'll PM you as well.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6649

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 AM

zelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godzelix Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
Hey Zelix, Not annoying me...just had a big cook today at work, the Feast of Feasts, the Gobble Till You Wobble Thanks-Give-Mas Potluck. Did 4 turkeys and a couple of hams. Damn I'm stuffed.

Anyway

I did post the smaller insulated cabinet build as well. You can look at that one at this link. I'll PM you as well.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6649
Thanks I really appreciate it. I'm pretty decent at AutoCAD so I'm going to draw up some plans this weekend for it. I think I'll have to build a sheet metal bender so It will cut down on the welding some.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

Smokincal Is Just Starting Out

How's it going BBE I'm going to build a smoker kind of like your design without the extra cabinet on top of the firebox but what I was wondering is on my opening from my firebox to the cooking chamber it needs to be 6X18.5 or something like that does that have to be the same all the way through the reverse plate or does it matter

Thanks
Smokincal
Old 03-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

SMOKER-T Is Just Starting Out
Default home built

Just wanted to drop you a pic. of by box smoker inspired by your earlier posts.
I am new to the forum world, so I hope I am doing this right. Still a few incomplete items, but works well. Have smoked a chicken, pork butt and slab of bacon. Using a 1kw hot plate and thermostat for regulation with a smoke daddy on the side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1240-001.jpg (24.5 KB, 51 views)
Old 03-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Meat Mopper

Smokenit Knows How To Mop The Meat

Lookin good.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Homemade Smokers