Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Homemade Smokers

Homemade Smokers Be It Charcoal, Gas, Electric Or Stick Burner. Lets See Them Here.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Sometimes I have a perk to my job
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 11-17-2017
Replies: 5
Views: 47
0 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs (Second Round)
Last Post: Ryan
Replies: 3
Views: 73
0 Thanks Rich
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 10
Views: 155
0 Small Blade Roast
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 5
Views: 172
0 Still Blonde...
Last Post: dsgarner06
Replies: 4
Views: 110
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,415 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,851 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,490 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 04-08-2014, 03:46 PM
metal, smoke, guns!

Heavy Metal Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & SmokingHeavy Metal Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & SmokingHeavy Metal Is Better Then Most In His Neighborhood At Grilling & Smoking

Absolutely awesome....wow!

Grill
KitchenAid Charcoal Grill - 1070" cooking space

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Meat Mopper

Bkndsdl Is  A Name Known To All
Bkndsdl Is  A Name Known To AllBkndsdl Is  A Name Known To AllBkndsdl Is  A Name Known To All

Hey BBQE, awesome build! I was wondering, it's been a while since you built this thing, have you noticed any warpage anywhere with the 1/8" material? I am planning on building a smoker and plan to use the same material as you did. Would be curious to know if after a few years of use you've seen any material deformation.

Thanks, and awesome build!

Why do we park in a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

K.I.S.S. U.D.S.
My DBS
My Insulated Hybrid
Old 01-30-2015, 02:04 AM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

detree Is Just Starting Out
Thumbs up Awesome

Nice thread......excellent built.....inspired me to NOT put out 5k and build design my own.

Thank you BBE......I will prolly be in touch
Old 01-31-2015, 11:59 PM
Learning from the Best

DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All
DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All

And this one -- 38,632 views -- probably ought to be a Sticky as well.

Dave
One Weber Kettle, One Knockoff Kettle
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller
Proud Smoked -Meat Member #88

-

"All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010
Old 07-23-2015, 04:11 PM
<Worlds Strongest Button

Mikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To All
Mikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDave View Post
And this one -- 38,632 views -- probably ought to be a Sticky as well.

Dave
Now that you have the authority, you should

New Braunfels Bandera
New Braunfels Hondo
4-22 1/2" Weber Kettles
1-26" Weber Kettle
24"X72" Reverse Flow- Made in the U.S.A. by Me
Navy Corpsman-USMC '69-'73 Semper Fi
https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/
Old 07-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Learning from the Best

DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All
DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Now that you have the authority, you should
Already did.

Dave
One Weber Kettle, One Knockoff Kettle
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller
Proud Smoked -Meat Member #88

-

"All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010
Old 07-23-2015, 06:26 PM
<Worlds Strongest Button

Mikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To All
Mikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To AllMikey Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDave View Post
Already did.

Dave

New Braunfels Bandera
New Braunfels Hondo
4-22 1/2" Weber Kettles
1-26" Weber Kettle
24"X72" Reverse Flow- Made in the U.S.A. by Me
Navy Corpsman-USMC '69-'73 Semper Fi
https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/
Old 07-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Cat Daddy Airplane Engineer is over 42k peeks!

Old 09-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Fire Starter

wvuarmyeng Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Masterwvuarmyeng Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Masterwvuarmyeng Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master

What an amazing build!! That is some amazing craftsmen ship!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:58 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Yes it is. I am gathering supplies for a build based off of this build.

Take note of exhaust placement and size compared to total cubic inches of space.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Man damn...Cat Daddy Engineer is 51k...gig looks!

Old 09-21-2016, 08:14 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I have seen the ol girl in action...Up close and personal...The Maiden kicks ass...
Old 09-21-2016, 11:27 PM
Vulture 2 U, Buzzard 2 me

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
I have seen the ol girl in action...Up close and personal...The Maiden kicks ass...
Mmmmmm... I'm telling Lena...
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 09-22-2016, 01:33 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

A couple of years ago I did an upgrade on the Iron Maiden adding a couple of features that I originally envisioned but didn't have the time. Then once it was up and running, I just made due without...I can tell you that the upgrades make a big difference in convenience for me...I thought I would add them here to keep this thread up to date. originally posted in this thread...LINK

I wanted to add a few things to the Iron Maiden that I have never gotten around to during the initial build.
  1. Drop Down Step
  2. Pull out shelves

These two things will aid me greatly in cooking massive quantities of BBQ.

I design criteria that I incorporated into the shelves was to be as low profile as possible, to pull out without coming out or tipping, and also be completely removable. Here's how I did mine.

I mounted angle iron for shelf brackets. At the rear of the brackets I cut out a profile that would receive a tab from the shelf.

On each side of the shelf I mounted a tab made from angle iron that would captivate the shelf into the shelf bracket.

Here it is grabbing the shelf bracket as the shelf is slid out.

At the front of the shelf bracket I welded a hard stop on each side so you can't pull the shelf out the front.

Here it is with all the shelves extended...I just need to clean everything up and tack the expanded metal on the shelf frames.

I also added a drop down step that folds up for travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Dana, those pull out shelves in the cooker. All the ones I've ever seen that pull out like that were made out of angle iron for support. You sure they not gonna bend under weight???

BTW, nice werk!
Mark,

The 1 1/2 x 1/4" metal bar stock I used for the shelves is very rigid at the distances that they cantilever over the front of the shelf bracket. You would be hard pressed to bend these. They are also supported by 2 1/2" angle.

I know in my pictures they look small and light compared to the massiveness of the smoker, but they aren't. They are solid and tight.

Also on the step, I used massive hinges since the step acts as a huge lever arm.

I also Gusseted the 3"angle I used for that with 3/8" plate steel.

I built this step super solid...I am a big guy...NFL linebacker big. I would hate for this thing to drop me on my head so I made sure it would handle the stresses of a big cook.

Finished up my project this AM...looks pretty good. I've gotta finish shining it up and then a quick pressure wash and season for the grates. I did use some new grates and recycled a couple that I have to hit with a wire brush on the angle grinder, but this is gonna make it nice and I'll have much more useable rack space.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Last edited by DDave; 09-17-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Fire Starter

wvuarmyeng Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Masterwvuarmyeng Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Masterwvuarmyeng Is On His Way To Becoming A Pit Master

Making grown mean jealous with every view!

One day maybe I'll build something to This extent

Your craftsmanship and skill continue to amaze
Old 07-31-2017, 04:29 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

whiskeyjack Is Just Starting Out

Looks like I was too late to witness this greatness. I just started cruising the net looking for ideas for an insulated smoker. I noticed several references to the Iron Maiden build. Unfortunately photobucket isnt cooperating with my search. Is there any way to have the pictures posted again?
Old 07-31-2017, 05:55 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I tried to PM the Engineer but seems his inbox is full up
Old 07-31-2017, 06:24 PM
Padre

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

The iron Maiden is a thing of beauty. Sorry that PB went on the war path.
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
Chargriller SnP well modified
one ugly ass drum smoker
New Braunfels Bandera in dry dock for a service life extension overhaul

and

saving for a trailer mounted 60" reverse flow for my christmas present
Old 07-31-2017, 08:21 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All
Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All

Yet another great post ruined by photosuckit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Homemade Smokers