Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

salmonclubber Is  A Name Known To All
salmonclubber Is  A Name Known To Allsalmonclubber Is  A Name Known To Allsalmonclubber Is  A Name Known To Allsalmonclubber Is  A Name Known To Allsalmonclubber Is  A Name Known To Allsalmonclubber Is  A Name Known To Allsalmonclubber Is  A Name Known To Allsalmonclubber Is  A Name Known To Allsalmonclubber Is  A Name Known To All
Default Mad Hunky Salmon Brine

Rich sent me a sample of his brine about a year ago I am just now trying it since I sold my boat I don't catch as many salmon as I used too
Let me start by saying that I grew up on a reservation where smoke salmon was plentyful and it was salted and smoked and that's how I like my smoked salmon salted and smoked I do not like sweet smoked salmon so when Rich offered the sample to me I thought oh no another sweet brine that will sit on the shelf forever
It turns out that I was wrong it's not sweet and it tastes pretty good I like it thank you Rich for letting me try another one of your great products

Happyness is a full smoker

Last edited by salmonclubber; 11-14-2017 at 08:48 AM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Cool! We have a tradition of smoking fish down here as well (mostly mullet), I was skeptical. It's not the same but it is pretty darn good, more savory than sweet.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 11-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Looks Great Clubber!!

Long time no see---Good to see ya!

Bear
Old 11-14-2017, 04:10 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

I knew I was taking a risk sending it to an old hand like you Huey. And I thank you for giving it a trial. No..it’s not what you are used to. And I KNOW what you are used to. Whenever I go to the UP there’s a favorite place I get smoked steelhead and whitefish. Classic stuff.

I kept that in mind when I worked on this stuff. Yes..there IS some sweet. But it’s not offensive like some of the “candy” things I have had. The seasonings are light, yet there. Onion and CBP are the main players. Sage, in tribute to Old Bay

The sweet it DOES have is dehydrated honey.

I really respect your opinion and am grateful you gave it sir! And YES! Good to see ya aboot the joint again!
Old 11-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Nice job Huey, looks great! I have only used it one time and liked it, will have to change that soon.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Location: Lewiston, ID. Can see three states from office window.
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All

Looking good
Therma Pen
Maverick 732
Mini Therma Pen
Frog Mats
Weber Junior
AMPS & AMPTS
Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

yup. did the same for me. Salmon in Oklahoma aren't as good obviously. we did use some on some trout and it was pretty tasty.

you folks are welcome to send any extra salmon my way anytime.

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Fish