Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All
Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All
Default Cracklin biscuit breakfast sandwich

I'm so glad that this thread got bumped or I never would have seen these things. I'm not much of a baker and I've never made bread before so this was a total shot in the dark for me. They turned out good but a bit chewy so I'm assuming I worked the dough a bit too much. They also grew quite a bit while proofing and ended up about the size of a burger bun. All the better for me as I intended them to be breakfast sandwiches anyway.

And of course some pics.

After proofing

Fresh out of the oven

These make a good size sammich so I used a 1/4 lb home made sausage patty, 2 duck eggs and a slice of American cheese. They are party in your mouth.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cracklin Biscuits 003.jpg (42.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Cracklin Biscuits 007.jpg (51.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Cracklin Biscuits 012.jpg (35.8 KB, 45 views)

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-05-2017, 08:30 AM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I'll take two please...

I kinda prefer a slight chew in my sandwich rather than a biscuit that crumbles apart when ya chomp it...

Craig
Old 11-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Looks great and on the "fine china"
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 11-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All
Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. View Post
and on the "fine china"
Nothing but the best!
Old 11-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
I'll take two please...

I kinda prefer a slight chew in my sandwich rather than a biscuit that crumbles apart when ya chomp it...
One filled me up plenty, it's a pretty big sammich.

Thanks for the points.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Oh yeah! looks great!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 11-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Good looking sammich Jailer - I agree with Smoke I don't like my biscuit to fall apart while eating

Old 11-05-2017, 12:13 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Nice! They are not really supposed to be a fluffy thing..the bit of chew is perfect! I usually punch the stuff down twice and only proof for about a half hour.

Excellent work and glad you enjoyed them!
Old 11-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Nice work
Old 11-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
They are not really supposed to be a fluffy thing..the bit of chew is perfect!
A bit of chew is a good description of how they turned out. And boy do they have a lot of flavor that perfectly compliments a breakfast sandwich.

I didn't really know what to expect going in, chocolate chip cookies is about the extent of my baking expertise......
Old 11-05-2017, 03:21 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Traditionally “Pogácsa” is eaten straight up or split with butter. But I got no issue with the sammy application for sure! Next batch I do..on the list!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Working With Flour