SV Rib Roast Ribs, Finished On The Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV Rib Roast Ribs, Finished On The Grill

These were NOT "PRIME RIB" Ribs..... "PRIME" is a grade, which is not the same as others, choice, select, etc. ....

Enough aboot that... SV'd the not PRIME ribs for aboot 20 hours at 152*..... Dried and seasoned with Elk Creek AP rub, aboot 45 mins on the Weber Q (on low) at aboot 350*, then sauced aboot every 10-12 mins 3X with my buddies LT's Tailgate Gourmet medium. Was really good, and the wife even ate a bunch (surprisingly) Only thing I will try next thyme is possibly a slightly lower SV temp, or a slightly shorter duration on the grill, as some of the exterior got just a little too crispy. Not bad, butt always room to make it better.

Last edited by Fishawn; 01-12-2018, 01:05 PM.
    sigpic

You mischievous scamp, you... 🍺 🐊

Looks mighty tasty, Mr. Fish...
    My only question is... Why is this posted in the cheese category???

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
      Heh.. good question. I’ll move it back there if he comes up with a good reason however

I’ve often had the same rant play in my head when ordering rib. Is it prime or not??
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

So Scott, if it snot prime, then how can it be prime...? Looks goooood me friend.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
          ICE.... Sometimes in Tapatalk, I forget to change what forum it gets posted in

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Heh.. good question. I’ll move it back there if he comes up with a good reason however

I’ve often had the same rant play in my head when ordering rib. Is it prime or not??
          Prime Rib is Prime Rib

End result was pretty good, considering it only took aboot an hour, as compared to 5 hours or so. I should have given it some smoke though. Oh well next thyme
          sigpic

Comment

better than eating frozen fish sticks...right Fish Cat Daddy! likes it!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Oh, hell yeah I'd take a whole tray of those.....

I love the color on them

Pete
              Large BGE
              Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Looks Great, Scott.---

I did a little experimenting with Beef Ribs awhile back, but yours looks better.

I cut them into singles and did 134° for 1 hour. Then to the Grill.
                Wasn't very Tender---It was more like as if they were only Grilled.

Next time I gotta SV longer---I'm thinking maybe 8 hours???

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Now THAT'S a boner!

You go Scotty LaWanda!!!!

Comment

I need some of that!
                    z
                    sigpic
                    GMG Daniel Boone
                    UDS
                    Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                    Vision Kamado grill
                    Weber Genesis Silver
                    Smokin Tex
                    MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                    Maverick ET 732
                    Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                    2 orange ThermoPops
                    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                    Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                      Looks Great, Scott.---

I did a little experimenting with Beef Ribs awhile back, but yours looks better.

I cut them into singles and did 134° for 1 hour. Then to the Grill.
                      Wasn't very Tender---It was more like as if they were only Grilled.

Next time I gotta SV longer---I'm thinking maybe 8 hours???

Bear
                      I read a few articles online and temps and times were all over the place, so i tried a little higher temp than many, and a little shorter cooking thyme. I think it's pretty close, for me anyway, maybe a bit lower on the SV temp next.

Threw them in the SV from frozen, which I like, cause I am probably the worst person for planning meals ahead
                      sigpic

Comment

Thats some Prime looking Not Prime Rib, Fish.
                        Mike
                        Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
                        POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
                        Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Working...
                        X