Venison tenderloins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venison tenderloins

Sweet meat, preachers cut, tenderloins whatever you call it (I’ve heard it all) that’s what’s for dinner. Mixed up 2 cups nekkid brine with 1 tbs minced garlic, 1/2 tsp onion pwd, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. I’ll let that sit 6 hrs and fire up the 26’r.

First time I am bringing anything so I have a question. I usually season red meat with Season salt/garlic pwd/onion pwd or Montreal steak seasoning. Those are obviously heavy on the salt. How much ch salt does the brine put in the meat? Is it minimal? I assume I will want to stay away from the added salt?

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe just season with the onion and garlic? Or cut a small chunk and do a fry test?

Comment

Rich's brines are not the same as a saline brine...The chance of over-salting due to the brine is nill...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Well the tenderloins were pretty darn tasty. A little salty tho. I followed the nekkid brine package directions. 5 level TBS per pint of water (2 cups). I did do a very light sprinkle of Montreal steak seasoning but I use that often and I know the amount I used wasn’t much. Either need to cut back on the brine or maybe shorten time? Was about 6 hrs. I did notice the thin ends of the tenderloins the texture was off. But the rest was perfect. Would the brine do that?

Brine definitely seemed great for juiciness and overall tenderness so I’ll be trying again.

Comment

Interesting...My experience with the brine is that you cannot overbrine and salt levels aren't a problem...6 hours is not enough time to cause any problems...

By the way...Tenderloin looks fantastic
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Looks tasty! Never "brined" any beef or venison, but that sounds like a great idea for venison. Puzzled by the salty taste also. Nice job
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X