Injector Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Questions

Wanted to try some injections -- poultry, maybe brisket or pork butt. Of course I'll have to buy an injector. Mrs. DDave won't mind . . . much. Besides, any packages arriving this time of year can be construed as Christmas presents.

I was looking at this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-...7124014&sr=8-2

Any thoughts?

Dave
    Last edited by DDave; 11-02-2009, 08:05 AM.
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Originally posted by DDave View Post
    Wanted to try some injections -- poultry, maybe brisket or pork but. Of course I'll have to buy an injector. Mrs. DDave won't mind . . . much. Besides, any packages arriving this time of year can be contrued as Christmas presents.

I was looking at this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-...7124014&sr=8-2

Any thoughts?

Dave
    I have one. just like that. it will be the only one you ever will need. it has one big bore for chunks to shoot into the meat. and the other for fluids with small stuff. easy to use and hold a bunch.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

I have one similar, but I got mine at a veterinary supply warehouse. Try one of those or a farm supply. I didn't pay much for mine. And you can buy different gauge needles too.

Tom

Comment

I have the same make but it didn't come with two needles.. I did not get the larger one for minced herbs. I think the ones that gunny is talking about have more holes in the needles too.. I remember seeing that some where on the dark side.. Lets see what Capt Dan says, I am sure he has the best of the best of injectors.
        My injector I have had for prolly 5 years now and I had to replace the needle once and that was because I lent it to someone and they bent it and then tried to bend it back then next time I tried to use it, it broke. I think mine was like $15 at BBq Galore

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I think mine is the Cajun injector brand.... Injected turkey breasts are great. I like the beer and butter poultry injection. Recipe somewhere in a box, as I just moved, but google it if interested.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X