01/20/2016 Local Butcher Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
    The way I understand it, they are in effect the same cut. At least cut from the same primal. the Porterhouse just has a larger section of the filet compared to the t-bone. They both consist of a filet and a ny strip, still connected to the bone. At least that's what I've been told.

oh, and damn Fish, those are some good prices. Was looking in the butcher case at the local supermarket the other week and they had choice porterhouse for $12.99/lb. I laughed and kept walking. Wish we had a decent butcher around here.

on edit: this link does a good job at explaining the difference
    http://www.primesteakhouses.com/tbon...use-steak.html
    Yeah, the 1.25" thing for "Porterhouse" I was thinking was 1.5". Thanks for the reminder Mike. This place, as far as what I have seen, does not sell anything other than "Choice" grade. That said, they are aboot $3 lb cheaper than anything else of a comparable grade I can find around here on sale and the beef is fresh and good. I have bought fresh Cod from them before @ $3.99 lb (I think it was) and it was really good also.

Becky, looks like you got some good deals in your area I like that first bundle pack
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X