Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been a while - ribs, sausage and pulled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while - ribs, sausage and pulled.

My Dad built me my offset smoker about 15yrs ago. With just me and the wife, I usually just use the Weber if I want to do a rack of ribs or whatever. Unfortunately my Dad passed away unexpectedly in July and this past weekend I decided it was time to fire up the big pit again. Invited some friends over and did a couple racks of St. Louis ribs, some jalapeņo and cheese sausage, a small pork butt and some baked beans. I also have a Serrano pepper plant that is going crazy. Found a recipe on the web for a pepper relish so whipped a jar if that as well. It was amazing on a pulled pork sandwich and no too too hot. I have to say, probably one of the best meals I've ever put together. I think he would be proud. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn nice cookin...
    My stick burner doesn't see as much action as it did when there were more folks at my house...
    Looks like you haven't lost the knack...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Looks awesome!
      sigpic

Comment

looks great Justin!
        ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Looks great Justin. Sorry to hear about your Dad... a fine tribute to him!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Nice work! Tell us more about your relish. Did you have a specific recipe?
            sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
              Nice work! Tell us more about your relish. Did you have a specific recipe?

I found it online somewhere. It was for jalapeņo relish but I just used the serranos. I had. From what I remember it was very simple.

Serrano or jalapeņo peppers. I put them along with a little red bell pepper in the food processor and pulsed until they looked right. Put them in a jar. On the stove I had 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar and tablespoon of salt. Brought to a boil and poured over the peppers in the jar. Let it cool on the counter and then put in fridge till ready to eat.

Comment

Awesome job!!! Sorry for your loss but I bet he was smiling down on you the whole time..,
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                  I found it online somewhere. It was for jalapeņo relish but I just used the serranos. I had. From what I remember it was very simple.

Serrano or jalapeņo peppers. I put them along with a little red bell pepper in the food processor and pulsed until they looked right. Put them in a jar. On the stove I had 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar and tablespoon of salt. Brought to a boil and poured over the peppers in the jar. Let it cool on the counter and then put in fridge till ready to eat.

A classic pickle recipe...Very nice...Personally I would skip the sugar and let the peppers taste like peppers...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    A classic pickle recipe...Very nice...Personally I would skip the sugar and let the peppers taste like peppers...

I may have to do that next time. I really like this relish but for as many serranos I put in there, the sugar balances it out and it's not that hot. Lord knows I am going to have plenty more peppers moving forward.

Comment

Nicely done
                      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post

I may have to do that next time. I really like this relish but for as many serranos I put in there, the sugar balances it out and it's not that hot. Lord knows I am going to have plenty more peppers moving forward.

Comment

very nice
                          sigpic
                          GMG Daniel Boone
                          UDS
                          Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                          Vision Kamado grill
                          Weber Genesis Silver
                          Smokin Tex
                          MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                          Maverick ET 732