"Yeti" 30 oz and 20 oz vacuum tumbler clones for under $10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yeti" 30 oz and 20 oz vacuum tumbler clones for under $10

For those of you (like me), who refused to plop down $40 or more for a Yeti 30 ounce tumbler, no matter how many days they keep ice, Walmart has a solution. Apparently Yeti does not actually own the design patent for the vacuum tumblers they sell and China being China, they are knocking the tumblers off under different brands with another logo embossed on the base.

Walmart has the 30 oz. Ozark Mountain branded clones for $9.74 and the 20 oz. clones for $7.74. You can find them in stock at your local store, but if you keep checking the online Walmart site, they will ship to store for free or to your home for free with a $50 purchase.

There are a lot of online forum posts and youtube videos doing a side by side comparison between the Yeti version and the Ozark Trail one, and the results seem to be identical. Not sure why you would need to keep ice in a cup for 24 hours, bit apparently this can do it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...mbler/49772708

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...mbler/49772705

They also make a stainless steel Yeti clone can koozie for beer and soda cans that is $7.74. It's a lot harder to find and I could not find a link to it in their online store, but there are a lot of web posts about it so it is out there too.

I just ordered mine online as the local stores cannot keep them on the shelves. They are in the sporting goods and camping item area if you want to check your local store (and sometimes as stand alone displays in the isles). One of the employees at my local store said there is a guy who buys everyone they get in 75-100 at a time when they restock and people doing this is why they are hard to find in stores. It looks like they are then doubling the prices and selling them on eBay for $19 all day long. So for me, an online order was the way to go.

There are reports of roto-molded coolers that are also Ozark Trail branded for under $200 that are clones of the $500 and $600 Yeti coolers. I have not seen those and could not find them on the Walmart site, but it would not surprise me that Walmart would also clone those. From what I read, Yeti did not 'invent' their products but found a company in Asia that was already making them and branded them for the US market where they had not previously been released. Guess it was good for Yeti while it lasted unless you just have to buy something with that logo on it.

Edit ---

I found the links to the Ozark Trail 73 quart, 52 quart and 26 quart high performance coolers, so I'm adding those. Currently out of stock, but the tumblers were like this for a week before they showed as available online when I ordered mine. If you are looking for these, just keep checking back to see if they come in stock again.

73 quart $194.00
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...-Grey/49229408

52 quart $147.00
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...-Grey/49229404

26 quart $96.00
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...-Grey/49229405

Here is a discussion in another forum that has very good photos of the 52 quart model.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ooler-any-good

Last edited by dward51; 06-21-2016, 03:07 PM.
    Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Why would one not put a patent on those??

One has to wonder would my butt keep cooking even longer in the rest mode with one of these bad boys??
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
      Why would one not put a patent on those??

One has to wonder would my butt keep cooking even longer in the rest mode with one of these bad boys??
      Well from what I read on the internet.... (so it must be true, right)

Some other company was already making these and Yeti just branded and imported them. On the other hand, if you google "Yeti suing Walmart" it appears there is a lawsuit that has been filed by Yeti. They are claiming the products are "similar" and confusing to the public (so it does not sound like it is their patent). So if you want a $10 "yeti" clone, I would get it soon. I just can't see the yeti police coming knocking on everyone's door asking for you to return a clone though.

Hmmmmm..... if they hold ice for 10 days, will they hold a pork butt above 140* for 6 days? We have some military grade food transport containers at work and one of my co-workers made a huge batch of mac & cheese the evening before an event. They were still steaming hot the next day at lunch, but apprently the noodles kept cooking and were one solid block of mac & cheese. It was odd cutting it like a block of cheese, but it tasted fine. So the answer is yes, in a superinsulated food storage container, the food will continue to cook for a very long time.

This is what we have at work. They are stainless steel lined and 100% sealed. Holds 7 gallons

Dave

Comment

I doubt it's actually Yeti's patents on any of their products. They haven't been around that long.
        Not sure about the coolers but as for as vacuum tumblers, Stanely started making stainless vacuum bottles back in the early 1900's. They still make the mugs, tumblers, thermoses, and bottles. I have a couple stainless tumblers that were my Dad's that we used when we went hunting when I was a boy. They still work great. One thing that is handy is the Stanely mug type ones have a handle that makes it easy to hold onto with gloves on in the cold or with wet hands when fishing. They aren't cheap, but great quality and a lifetime warranty.

http://www.stanley-pmi.com/store/sta...isplayHomePage
        Jim

Comment

ain't happenin with the Yeti... friend comes in to check on his airplane...he had this big ass yeti in the back of his truck...are you nutz! ... why? that sum bitch costs over a $1000.00 bux...naw hell no...i bought a bulldozer & excavator & they gave me this...rest assured Leslie...you paid for it!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Anyone looking for a soft-side cooler, I will recommend these. I have a 48 can soft-side for games. We put drinks, food, etc. in it. Just got done with a sports event where we were in 90-95° weather over the weekend.

I put 20#'s of ice in it and had 10 pounds left when we finished and it didn't leak at all. Plus, it has a 2 year no questions asked warranty. I'm getting another 24 can size as well.

If I got a hard cooler, I love the Rtics. I use their tumblers and they are the real deal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
            Pete
            Large BGE
            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Bought 2 today coincidentally. The ONLY difference is the shape of the smaller base (less 'bowed') and the intake pinhole on the lid is slightly smaller.

Helluva deal

Comment

None at the local stores, so I ordered 4 of the 20oz for coffee (3 for the house, mine, wife and one for a guest, other one goes to my office), and 3 of the 30oz for other drinks (mine, wife, and one for the office for ice water - we have one of those soft ice machines in the break room). Should be here by the 27th according to my Walmart account and they shipped today. With tax it was like $64 bucks for 7 of these clones.
                Dave

Comment

y'all might want to check out the RTIC brand too.. supposed to be just as good if not better than yeti and half the price. I have plenty of coolers, but if I were to need a new one I'd consider these before a yeti for sure.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/tumblers
                  Mike
                  Life In Pit Row

Comment

We use the 20 oz Rtic tumblers. They are Excellent.

Will keep ice for 24 hours in a warm house no problem. I mainly use them for coffee though and you can't beat the price.
                    Pete
                    Large BGE
                    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

just ordered two 30 oz tumblers & two 20 oz tumblers...and a Natty Cooler! dern good price compared to yeti!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I'm supposed to receive my RTIC 20qt soft cooler today. I had a Yeti 30 qt soft side cooler, but hated it. Sold it and got this one for half price of Yeti.
                        7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
                        Weber EX6 Smokefire
                        Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
                        90 Qt LOCO Crawfish Cooker
                        Everything else burned up in my house fire

Comment

it's amazing how easily the public are confused.
                          So confused they end up buying the same thing - but for less money !!!

I have an ozark trail knife I bought in wyoming nearly 10 years ago.
                          It's my dog walking knife, so gets a fair bit of use in chopping bramble and branches that have the temerity to intrude upon any paths I walk down.
                          Every now and then I give it a few strokes with the diamond file on the gerber. Damn thing is still shaving sharp.
                          The liner lock has never even looked like gumming up.
                          Cost me something stupid like $4

One of the best pocket knives I've ever owned.

Not all chinese stuff is crap :-)
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

got my stuff today...fast ground shipping...Louie wanted a 20 oz tumbler...jacked it full of ice for a run to the morning...Cat Daddy Natty is impressed with the quality... knowed the yeti stuff...ygbsm, with the price!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                              it's amazing how easily the public are confused.
                              So confused they end up buying the same thing - but for less money !!!

Not all chinese stuff is crap :-)
                              I suspect 'confusion' has nothing to do with it. It's a last ditch effort to stop the bleeding of profits by Yeti who is selling a $40+ product that most likely came off the same assembly line as the $9.74 Wallyworld version.

Oh, and yes, the Yeti Rambler tumbler is also made in China so that does tend to verify your point about not everything China makes being crap (I saw a photo of the bottom of a Yeti earlier this week, but dang if I can remember where now).
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X