Chicken Yakisoba.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Yakisoba.....

I ran across this and had to try it. It's so simple and affordable that I couldn't resist. I will also admit that when I spent some time in Okinawa back in my Marine Corps days, I loved the stuff. To be far, I think this is an Americanized version but it's pretty darn good, the kids liked it, and it pretty healthy. So, here we go:

CHICKEN YAKISOBA

This simple yet addicting Chicken Yakisoba is full of noodles, chicken, and vegetables, and drenched in a sweet and tangy sauce.

Prep Time 15 minutes
    Cook Time 15 minutes
    Total Time 30 minutes
    Servings
    Author Adapted from Mark Bittman

INGREDIENTS
    • 1/2 head green cabbage
    • 1 medium yellow onion
    • 2 medium carrots
    • 1 small crown broccoli
    • 1 inch fresh ginger
    • 1 large chicken breast
    • 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
    • 2 3 oz. packages ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
    • 1 tsp sesame oil, optional
    • 1/4 cup soy sauce
    • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 Tbsp ketchup
    • up to 1 Tbsp sriracha hot sauce
    • 1 Tbsp sugar

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Before you begin, prepare the meat and vegetables for stir frying. Peel the ginger with either a vegetable peeler or the side of a spoon and then grate it with a cheese grater. Peel and grate the carrots with a large holed cheese grater. Remove the core from the cabbage and cut into thin strips. Slice the onion into thin strips. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Slice the chicken into thin strips.

2. Begin boiling a medium pot full of water for the noodles. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the grated ginger, saute for about 30 seconds to one minute (its okay if it sticks to the pan but don’t let it burn). Add the chicken strips and cook until they are no longer pink (about five minutes).

3. Once the chicken is cooked through, add all of the vegetables. Stir and cook until wilted (about 5-10 minutes). Meanwhile, once the water boils, add the noodles and cook just until tender (2-3 minutes). Drain, return to the pot (with the heat turned off) and toss with the sesame oil to keep from sticking.

4. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, sriracha, and sugar. Use only 1/2 tsp of sriracha if you don’t want it spicy, use up to 1 Tbsp if you like it hot. Stir until the ketchup and sugar are dissolved. Pour the sauce into the skillet with the chicken and vegetables with the heat still on medium high. Add the noodles, stir to coat everything in the sauce, and heat through (just a few minutes).

Some pics:

Start of Chicken:

The Veggies mixed with the bird:

Simple, cheap ramon noodles, I made them out of focus so they look better :

Mixed and basically ready:

and Dinner. I added some Habanero Hot Chili Oil and I must say I enjoyed it.

It's a easy recipe and very good. No reason why you couldn't substitute shrimp, squid , beef, or pork in there.

Next time, I'll do a little extra work on the chicken or meat just cause.

Thanks for looking and give it a shot.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Anyone that can make ramen noodles look that good has got to run for President. Dang Pete, that looks goooood!! I'm cuffed on butt Isle ketchup...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks mighty tasty Abel! got some yakisoba for ya!
      ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Yes sir! That looks like a great day Pete
        sigpic

Comment

Looks good
          Jim

Comment

Some beach that looks awesome! Love me some yakisoba. Mmm
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
              Anyone that can make ramen noodles look that good has got to run for President. Dang Pete, that looks goooood!! I'm cuffed on butt Isle ketchup...
              I got ya covered Phil

Looks great and without using the SV
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X