This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch's Ranch Style Beans

Okay, folks-Uncle Dutch has been busy in his research kitchen again working on another bean recipe. Kind of knew what I was shooting for so this recipe didn't take as long to develope as my Wicked Baked Beans did.

So give it a try and let me know what y'all think! Just so ya know, this is not a sweet bean recipe like the WBB. But it's still good stuff!

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    DUTCH's RANCH STYLE BEANS

Ingredients:

1 cup dried pinto beans,* see direction #1
    6 bacon slices
    3 cups water
    1 (15 ounce) can stewed diced tomatoes
    1 bell pepper, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
    2 tbls Worcestershire sauce
    1 tbls brown sugar
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp cracked black pepper
    1/2 tsp dried mustard
    1/4 tsp ground ginger
    salt to taste

Directions:

1. Soak pinto beans over night or boil for 1 minute then let sit covered for one hour.

2. Fry bacon until just slightly crisp, remove from pan and dice. Saute onion and bell pepper in bacon grease until translucent.

3. Drain soak water from beans and add the 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until beans are tender – about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Drain well.

4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. . If you are adding the beans to a smoker, move on to Step #7.

5. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer

6. For a thicker sauce, remove cover and continue to cook until desired consistency is reached.

7. If you are going to smoke the beans, pour bean mixture into a 9 X11 X 2 3/4 inch foil pan and place in smoker. Give the beans a stir several times through out the smoke.

* 1 cup of dry beans will yield 2 -2 1/2 cups of cooked beans. 1/4 cup of cooked beans is 1 serving.
    Dutch

Brinkmann Gourmet H2O charcoal
    GOSM Big Block Propane w/sfb
    Ugly Drum Smoker-electric
    Lang Mobile 60 Deluxe

Thanks Dutch, this is just what I've been lookin' for. I won't eat baked beans at any potlucks or family functions because I just don't like the sweetness of them. I'll take your word for it that these aren't and give them a try. I think I'll look me up a big chuck or a brisket and throw it in the smoker along with these beans. I can't imagine a meal coming out any better than this.

Kewl Beans!

To me the lack of sweetness make this definitely worth .

Comment

Sounds like another winner Dutch! Thanks for the post!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Sounds mighty fine! I was exspecting to see ranch dressing mix in the recipe somewhere but I guess that is not what you meant.
        sigpic

GOSM/propane
        UDS (Cam)/lump
        22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
        Weber Genesis/propane
        Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Dang it Dutch! I was gonna put on my recipie for "no sweet with my meat" beans. Looks like I been out wrangled by the master again...

Oh by the way...good recipie...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a gret recipe dutch. But my plan for the morning is to stick with your original cause I bought all the stuff for it. But I will definetly give this new recipe a try. Thanks

Comment

Be thinkin yer on ta something with this bean recipe! Man, i'll admit i'll try it.
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I copied this one too. My wife's gonna kill me!
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Been many a blue moon since I had any Ranch Style Beans.... I see this is a must for me.. Thank you sir.. I will report back
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thanks Dutch. Saved it. This looks like it would work nicely in the dutch oven as well.
                    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    UniFlame Gas Grill
                    Lil Chief

Comment

These look to be some mighty fine beans! Thank you for sharing Earl. This is on the list of to do's for sure.
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

I made a batch of these about a week ago. They are great!!

for another great recipe.

Dave
                        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                        UDS 1.0
                        Afterburner
                        Weber Performer
                        Blue Thermapen
                        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                        Auber Smoker Controller
                        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                        -
                        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Dutch...........i take it that these will also take the 2.5-3 hours that your wicked beans do?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Ahhh the master answers the non-sweet man's prayers!

Thanks good buddy! These are gonna get a run this coming weekend!
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                              Dutch...........i take it that these will also take the 2.5-3 hours that your wicked beans do?
                              Yep-more or less depending on how smokey you want them.

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              Ahhh the master answers the non-sweet man's prayers!

Thanks good buddy! These are gonna get a run this coming weekend!
                              Hope they're to you liking Rich. Let me know what you think of them.
                              Dutch

Brinkmann Gourmet H2O charcoal
                              GOSM Big Block Propane w/sfb
                              Ugly Drum Smoker-electric
                              Lang Mobile 60 Deluxe

Comment

Working...
                              X