Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Side Items

Side Items Smoked Or Not You Just Need Good Sides.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 First crack at venison bacon
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 9
Views: 179
0 Thin Blade Knives?
Last Post: WALLE
Replies: 19
Views: 180
0 Tres leche cake
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 1
Views: 18
0 Ribeyes with chimichurri.
Replies: 2
Views: 29
0 Project
Replies: 19
Views: 183
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,464 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,981 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,840 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 01-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Just One More....

Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All
Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All
Default New appetizers

These appetizers are new to me except the chicken wings so I like to share.

Bacon wrapped green beans...
Bacon wrapped venison ( just wait)

Bacon wrapped green beans pretty simple but delicious, sprinkle brown sugar over them and bake until bacon is done.. recipe is on Allrecipes.com

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/213036/...d-green-beans/

This might be my new go to appetizer...
I did deviate off the recipe just a tad..

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...eSMS%7Cios%7Cp

Bacon wrapped venison dredged in chilli powder and brown sugar...
But I had to add to it even more, I marinated the the venison for a few hours with Worcestershire, fresh garlic, chilli powder, CBP.. Then take the 1" cube of Venison wrap it in a half slice of bacon, then dredge it in the brown sugar, chilli powder rub...

The beans I baked in the oven.
The chicken wings plus the wrapped venison in the MES at 250* until done.

Like any appetizer, (gone)... enjoy like everybody else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECO
Hobart Meat Grinder 4822 series
F.Dick 12 Ltr. Sausage Stuffer

There's only two types of Beer: Cold and Free.
_____
Jim

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Appetizers? Hell that's a full meal deal!
Old 01-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Yeah man, thats all good stuff right there
Old 01-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Wrap it in bacon

Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Bacon wrapped green beans I like it. Looks good

Weber 22.5 kettle
Smokin in the Smokies
Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
Jerry
Old 01-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Seasoned Smoker

dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All
dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All

Heck yeah that is the good stuff there! I've done bacon wrapped green beans and they are awesome! Nicely done!

Yoder YS640
Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
Frogmats
Maverick ET 732
Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

Old 01-06-2017, 09:45 AM
'54 Les Paul Gold Top

treehorses Is  A Name Known To All
treehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To Alltreehorses Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great! I am going to try that in my new MES for sure since I have lots of venison in the freeeeeez!

The GOOD ONE smoker grill
Weber 22 1/2 Wannabe (aka WW)
Weber 22 1/2 Silver One Touch
Smokey Joe New model, Smokey Joe 1984 model
fire pit in the yard
10 & 12 Lodge DO,
Maverick ET73, ET732.
A-MAZE-N SMOKER 5x8, RED HOT Thermapen
MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric smoker

Rick
Old 01-11-2017, 11:01 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Bacon wrapped green beans... oh that looks so goood! Rich might even like them...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 01-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Rub Mixer

TKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Those are some tasty looking appetizers.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Fire Starter

pitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingpitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingpitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingpitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingpitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling

Bacon wrapped venison is a staple for me. I've done a marinade similar to that as well as the simple, but effective Italian dressing marinade. Either way, it's delicious.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Great Looking Appetizers you got there, KA !!!

Nice Job!!

Bear
Old 01-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Pit Master

shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All
shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All

Tried the green bean bundles many years ago on Thanksgiving. They are now on every holiday menu. Our glaze is simply melted butter, brown sugar, a dash of garlic powder and splash or two of Worcestershire. Good stuff!!
Earnhardt Jr smoker
Brinkman smoke n' grill
a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Old 01-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Pit Master

Checkered Past Is  A Name Known To AllCheckered Past Is  A Name Known To All
Checkered Past Is  A Name Known To AllCheckered Past Is  A Name Known To All

Uhmm great ideas and I'm going to put the wrap to them great beans and try em out.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Just One More....

Kicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To AllKicken Asphalt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbellc View Post
Tried the green bean bundles many years ago on Thanksgiving. They are now on every holiday menu. Our glaze is simply melted butter, brown sugar, a dash of garlic powder and splash or two of Worcestershire. Good stuff!!
That sounds tasty...

There's always next time, I'll keep that in mind.

ECO

_____
Jim
Old 01-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Just One More....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchintense View Post
Bacon wrapped venison is a staple for me. I've done a marinade similar to that as well as the simple, but effective Italian dressing marinade. Either way, it's delicious.
I like when I make venison appetizers for people, (especially the people that say they don't like venison), and they can't believe its venison.

Venison is a staple in are family to, (maybe I should say Me). My wife, welllll she is coming around to liking.

ECO

_____
Jim
Old 01-12-2017, 09:18 AM
Fire Starter

pitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingpitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingpitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingpitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingpitchintense Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicken Asphalt View Post
I like when I make venison appetizers for people, (especially the people that say they don't like venison), and they can't believe its venison.

Venison is a staple in are family to, (maybe I should say Me). My wife, welllll she is coming around to liking.
Yea, it was the same for me. Now the wife and kids love'em!
Old 01-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Rub Mixer

Tomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To All
Tomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To All

Appetizers that make a meal!! I love it!

"Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
UDS, Viking grill
Old 01-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Big Deck BBQ and Brew

Bama BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBama BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Bama BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBama BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBama BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Oh yeah. I'm stealing those green beans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Side Items