Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Side Items

Side Items Smoked Or Not You Just Need Good Sides.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Cold Weather Thanksgiving Turkey [emoji884] Smoke
Last Post: Abelman
Posted On: 11-23-2017
Replies: 2
Views: 31
0 What are You Thankful For on This Thanksgiving?
Last Post: Abelman
Posted On: 11-23-2017
Replies: 12
Views: 102
0 Mad Hunky Hot Whang Jerky
Last Post: DDave
Posted On: 11-22-2017
Replies: 12
Views: 152
0 Blog by foosball player
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 15
Views: 195
0 2017 T-Bird Project!
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Replies: 13
Views: 179
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,423 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,883 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,984 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 01-16-2017, 11:44 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Location: Lewiston, ID. Can see three states from office window.
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All
Default Smoked eggs

Well it was cold here again this weekend so thought I'd cold smoke some eggs

Used a mixture of pellets by green mountain pellets that I want to get used up

4 of these went to work with me for my egg salad sandwich,, rest will be going into a patato salad

Cold Smoked for 2 1/2 hrs

I will try to get some pictures of lunch and the potato salad later on

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Therma Pen
Maverick 732
Mini Therma Pen
Frog Mats
Weber Junior
AMPS & AMPTS

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-16-2017, 12:01 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

I $&$*^ HATE it when eggs donít $(*($*^$ peel right. I see all this crap on old eggs, new eggs..is there any real method to peel a $&^&^#$ hardboiled egg???
Old 01-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
I $&$*^ HATE it when eggs donít $(*($*^$ peel right. I see all this crap on old eggs, new eggs..is there any real method to peel a $&^&^#$ hardboiled egg???
I was wondering the same,, I thought that maybe I did not cool them down fast enough or cold enough I know my mom would always put ice in the water with them,, I just used cold tap water

Ya two were floaters so I know they were a little old that is another reason I did this,,, Oh well they all go down the same
Therma Pen
Maverick 732
Mini Therma Pen
Frog Mats
Weber Junior
AMPS & AMPTS
Old 01-16-2017, 12:53 PM
Pit Master

PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All
PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All

I swear I saw an article somewhere on what the trick to it was, they did a comparison of all the standard tricks... ice bath afterwards, old eggs, new eggs, running water etc. But for the life of me now I can't remember what it said was the best. I'll see if I can find the article again.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:23 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
You should try quail eggs, they're a bitch! What I've been doing with them is putting a teaspoon to tablespoon baking soda in the water. Boil my eggs, when done poor off hot water and refill with ice water. They peel great then, very rarely get white sticking to shell.

Got some quail eggs that I can't incubate that are getting hard boiled today. Was going to pickle until I saw this. Smoking some cheese this afternoon might have to throw eggs on too. Hmm smoked pickled eggs
Old 01-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

Put a little vinegar into the water when you boil them.

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 01-16-2017, 01:47 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
Put a little vinegar into the water when you boil them.
OK..fine. Iím gonna mail you the messed up ones. After two weeks sitting in a baggie by a heat vent
Old 01-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Lunch time was good

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Therma Pen
Maverick 732
Mini Therma Pen
Frog Mats
Weber Junior
AMPS & AMPTS
Old 01-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Rub Mixer

Tomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To All
Tomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To AllTomshoots Is  A Name Known To All

Hmmm...That sounds interesting...

"Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
UDS, Viking grill
Old 01-16-2017, 09:06 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I have smoked them hot before...Raw eggs on at same temp as whatever meat you're cooking...Cant remember how long? Smoke gets to the egg through the shell...

I didn't like em though...Not a fan of boiled eggs...
Old 01-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Wrap it in bacon

Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Do your eggs like cheese and let them mello for a couple of days

Weber 22.5 kettle
Smokin in the Smokies
Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
Jerry
Old 01-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Does this need to be cooked on a charcoal grill to be posted here? Vodka has been poured tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg egg1.2.JPG (172.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 01-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Smoke it & they will come

Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All
Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
I found a method that works every time.

1) Set eggs on counter for 45 minutes to an hour prior to boiling them. (Keeps them from cracking). Drop in cold and many will crack.

2) Bring a pot of water to a hard boil.

3) Using a large wooden or plastic spoon submerge each egg slowly. Bring to a boil and cook 13 minutes.

4) Once they are done boiling, place the pot of eggs in your sink and run cold water into the pot. Allow the eggs to rest under the running water until the shells have cooled off to warm.

5) Give the eggs a rap on the counter and then slowly roll the egg 360 degrees on the counter breaking the shell around the egg. Peel that egg.

I have been cooking & peeling eggs for over 15 years this way and the shells always come off easily and I have very few that crack open when put them into the boiling water. When I do get cracked shells its most likely because I was in a hurry and didn't let the eggs sit at room temperature long enough.

Rob
Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
SmokingPit.com
Road-Quest.com

Yoder YS640
Yoder Wichita
Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale

Old 01-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I found a method that works every time.

1) Set eggs on counter for 45 minutes to an hour prior to boiling them. (Keeps them from cracking). Drop in cold and many will crack.

2) Bring a pot of water to a hard boil.

3) Using a large wooden or plastic spoon submerge each egg slowly. Bring to a boil and cook 13 minutes.

4) Once they are done boiling, place the pot of eggs in your sink and run cold water into the pot. Allow the eggs to rest under the running water until the shells have cooled off to warm.

5) Give the eggs a rap on the counter and then slowly roll the egg 360 degrees on the counter breaking the shell around the egg. Peel that egg.

I have been cooking & peeling eggs for over 15 years this way and the shells always come off easily and I have very few that crack open when put them into the boiling water. When I do get cracked shells its most likely because I was in a hurry and didn't let the eggs sit at room temperature long enough.

Thanks, I will give this a try next time,,, Oh and the Potato salad turned out awesome last night,, Sorry no pics,,, 15yr old boy engulfed it pretty fast.
Therma Pen
Maverick 732
Mini Therma Pen
Frog Mats
Weber Junior
AMPS & AMPTS
Old 01-17-2017, 12:01 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

I've been using the same method for 48 years, and it still works Great !!

I just let Mrs Bear make them & peel them.

Then the ones that don't look nice in Her Deviled Egg Trays go in a separate bowl for Me!!!

Works every time!!

Bear
Old 01-17-2017, 08:43 PM
Wrap it in bacon

Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Nobody can eat 50 eggs

Weber 22.5 kettle
Smokin in the Smokies
Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
Jerry
Old 01-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog BBQ View Post
Nobody can eat 50 eggs

I'm Shaken it, Boss!!! Still Shaken it !!

Bear
Old 01-18-2017, 08:11 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

shaken the tree boss.

The boy complies, and Luke is seen covering his tracks with the powder as he heads out of town. The bloodhounds following Luke’s scent come upon the pepper and end up sneezing and pawing their noses.

But does pepper actually do the job?

“It’s extremely unlikely that that would work,” said Alexandra Horowitz, a dog cognition expert.

Dr. Horowitz, who directs the Dog Cognition Lab at Barnard College and is writing a book about dogs’ sense of smell, explained that as people move, they slough off dead skin cells, and the scent from those cells lingers both in the air and on the ground.

“There is no way that people can erase the olfactory information that they are leaving when they move through space and touch things in the world,” Dr. Horowitz added. “The dog is more effective than the escapees’ attempt to elude the dog

If someone dumped pepper in his tracks, she said, “that might disrupt the dog’s ability to follow the track, but the dog can ‘air-scent’ and get the track from the air.

OLFACTORY is what salmon use to find their Native stream to Spawn. Interesting. carry on with your eggs that hopefully don't schtank. Smoked eggs? Dang.............Schmoked cottage cheese?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Side Items