Smoked eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked eggs

Well it was cold here again this weekend so thought I'd cold smoke some eggs

Used a mixture of pellets by green mountain pellets that I want to get used up

4 of these went to work with me for my egg salad sandwich,, rest will be going into a patato salad

Cold Smoked for 2 1/2 hrs

I will try to get some pictures of lunch and the potato salad later on

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
    1930 Fridge Build
    MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
    Therma Pen
    Maverick 732
    Mini Therma Pen
    Frog Mats
    Weber Junior
    AMPS & AMPTS

I $&$*^ HATE it when eggs don’t $(*($*^$ peel right. I see all this crap on old eggs, new eggs..is there any real method to peel a $&^&^#$ hardboiled egg???
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      I $&$*^ HATE it when eggs don’t $(*($*^$ peel right. I see all this crap on old eggs, new eggs..is there any real method to peel a $&^&^#$ hardboiled egg???
      I was wondering the same,, I thought that maybe I did not cool them down fast enough or cold enough I know my mom would always put ice in the water with them,, I just used cold tap water

Ya two were floaters so I know they were a little old that is another reason I did this,,, Oh well they all go down the same
      1930 Fridge Build
      MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
      Therma Pen
      Maverick 732
      Mini Therma Pen
      Frog Mats
      Weber Junior
      AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

I swear I saw an article somewhere on what the trick to it was, they did a comparison of all the standard tricks... ice bath afterwards, old eggs, new eggs, running water etc. But for the life of me now I can't remember what it said was the best. I'll see if I can find the article again.
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

You should try quail eggs, they're a bitch! What I've been doing with them is putting a teaspoon to tablespoon baking soda in the water. Boil my eggs, when done poor off hot water and refill with ice water. They peel great then, very rarely get white sticking to shell.

Got some quail eggs that I can't incubate that are getting hard boiled today. Was going to pickle until I saw this. Smoking some cheese this afternoon might have to throw eggs on too. Hmm smoked pickled eggs
          sigpic

Comment

Put a little vinegar into the water when you boil them.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
              Put a little vinegar into the water when you boil them.
              OK..fine. I’m gonna mail you the messed up ones. After two weeks sitting in a baggie by a heat vent
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Lunch time was good

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
                1930 Fridge Build
                MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
                Therma Pen
                Maverick 732
                Mini Therma Pen
                Frog Mats
                Weber Junior
                AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

Hmmm...That sounds interesting...
                  sigpic
                  "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
                  Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
                  UDS, Viking grill

Comment

I have smoked them hot before...Raw eggs on at same temp as whatever meat you're cooking...Cant remember how long? Smoke gets to the egg through the shell...

I didn't like em though...Not a fan of boiled eggs...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Do your eggs like cheese and let them mello for a couple of days
                      sigpic
                      Weber 22.5 kettle
                      Smokin in the Smokies
                      Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
                      Jerry

Comment

Does this need to be cooked on a charcoal grill to be posted here? Vodka has been poured tonight.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I found a method that works every time.

1) Set eggs on counter for 45 minutes to an hour prior to boiling them. (Keeps them from cracking). Drop in cold and many will crack.

2) Bring a pot of water to a hard boil.

3) Using a large wooden or plastic spoon submerge each egg slowly. Bring to a boil and cook 13 minutes.

4) Once they are done boiling, place the pot of eggs in your sink and run cold water into the pot. Allow the eggs to rest under the running water until the shells have cooled off to warm.

5) Give the eggs a rap on the counter and then slowly roll the egg 360 degrees on the counter breaking the shell around the egg. Peel that egg.

I have been cooking & peeling eggs for over 15 years this way and the shells always come off easily and I have very few that crack open when put them into the boiling water. When I do get cracked shells its most likely because I was in a hurry and didn't let the eggs sit at room temperature long enough.
                          Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                          Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                          Yoder Wichita
                          Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                          Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                          Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                            I found a method that works every time.

1) Set eggs on counter for 45 minutes to an hour prior to boiling them. (Keeps them from cracking). Drop in cold and many will crack.

2) Bring a pot of water to a hard boil.

3) Using a large wooden or plastic spoon submerge each egg slowly. Bring to a boil and cook 13 minutes.

4) Once they are done boiling, place the pot of eggs in your sink and run cold water into the pot. Allow the eggs to rest under the running water until the shells have cooled off to warm.

5) Give the eggs a rap on the counter and then slowly roll the egg 360 degrees on the counter breaking the shell around the egg. Peel that egg.

I have been cooking & peeling eggs for over 15 years this way and the shells always come off easily and I have very few that crack open when put them into the boiling water. When I do get cracked shells its most likely because I was in a hurry and didn't let the eggs sit at room temperature long enough.

Thanks, I will give this a try next time,,, Oh and the Potato salad turned out awesome last night,, Sorry no pics,,, 15yr old boy engulfed it pretty fast.
                            1930 Fridge Build
                            MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
                            Therma Pen
                            Maverick 732
                            Mini Therma Pen
                            Frog Mats
                            Weber Junior
                            AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

I've been using the same method for 48 years, and it still works Great !!

I just let Mrs Bear make them & peel them.

Then the ones that don't look nice in Her Deviled Egg Trays go in a separate bowl for Me!!!

Works every time!!

Bear
                              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                              X