Hatch from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch from scratch

Tired of buying the mild and shriveled Hatch peppers from the store I decided to grow my own...Did some research and ordered my seeds...
    These are my little Hatch from scratch plants...Still a couple weeks till planting time...
    Hard to tell but there are six plants in that pile...Should put plenty of roasted Hatch peppers in my freezer

Of course I realize I cant call them "Hatch" peppers because those can only be grown in a specific area in New Mexico...I'll figure out what to call em later...
    Craig
    sigpic

Naming contest??

Plants look good and healthy.

We got our garden in on Thursday. I also have 27 new trees to plant...hope it dries out quickly or my new garden might drown. be just my luck.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
      I'll figure out what to call em later...

My guess is you're gonna call them good!

Did my usual 13 plants this year, 4 tomato and 9 assorted peppers. In last weekend and the weather's been good to get them going.
      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

if the seeds are hatch.......then they be hatch..........hope they are hot!
        sigpic
        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

The seeds are Numex Heritage Big Jim...Reserch says the Big Jim is the kind they grow for Medium Hatch...BJ Heritage is supposed to be med-hot to hot...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

give'm some space and they should be good to go..............
            sigpic
            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

SFatch chilis!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

think i want to order me some seeds... Louie... you got that new camper... knowed what that meant...on the road...
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Those look like thy are gonna kick oot some peppers fo sho
                  sigpic

Comment

shit, that reminds me I need to get going on planting this year or I'm not going to have anything! Hopefully we're done with the frost finally. Supposed to hit 80 degrees this week for the first time this year.

Your hatch plants look awesome, hope they turn out some good ones for you!
                    Mike
                    Life In Pit Row

Comment

Plants look good and healthy Craiger! We're still dealing with dirt to Phil the new old people boxes. Gonna be a late start this year for us.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

When it comes harvest time, I am willing to trade fro a few of them peppers. Don't know what you would want/need from Oklahoma but I can probably find something you would like.
                        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          Tired of buying the mild and shriveled Hatch peppers from the store I decided to grow my own...Did some research and ordered my seeds...
                          These are my little Hatch from scratch plants...Still a couple weeks till planting time...
                          Hard to tell but there are six plants in that pile...Should put plenty of roasted Hatch peppers in my freezer

Of course I realize I cant call them "Hatch" peppers because those can only be grown in a specific area in New Mexico...I'll figure out what to call em later...
                          Hot dang... The Buzzard is "hatching" something useful...
                          Luv me some hatch peppers... Looks good Craig...

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                          Plants look good and healthy Craiger! We're still dealing with dirt to Phil the new old people boxes. Gonna be a late start this year for us.
                          The neighborhood cats are gonna love you, Phil...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                            if the seeds are hatch.......then they be hatch..........hope they are hot!
                            Nope. There are several varieties grown that are “Hatch” chilis...
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              Nope. There are several varieties grown that are “Hatch” chilis...
                              Indeed there are no "Hatch chili" seeds...Most of the varieties used for Hatch peppers are varieties developed at the University of New Mexico...Thus the name Numex...Legally to be called Hatch peppers they must be grown in a specific area in New Mexico...Just like Walla Walla onions and Vidallia onions can only be grown in a specific areas...The climate and soil influence the flavors and won't turn out the same when grown in other areas...And they are very protective of the names that they use...

I don't care what I call em they should grow fairly close to the peppers sold commercially... I can do this
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X