Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    You keep that crap up and I’m gonna repeal yer man card
    Pumpkin ale is good. Guess it depends though. Looking forward to a nice bourbon barrel aged stout

Originally posted by dobr View Post
    Are you selling your beer? Brewing that size of batches you are going to end up with stale beer. Don't ask me how I know. [emoji41]
    Oxidation can only occur if the fermented wort comes in contact with oxygen. My system does not let oxygen into the kegs. I gravity feed into bright tanks (secondaries) filled with C02, then pump the wort into my serving kegs (which are also full of C02) using C02. I'm not saying there is absolutely no contact with oxygen but it there is it's negligeable.

I keep a liquid C02 bottle as I go through a little more than average C02. While it doesn't fill my tanks completely I'm able to fill my tanks to a level that's more than enough for my use.

And no, I don't sell beer.
    sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

Originally posted by DangerDan View Post

Oxidation can only occur if the fermented wort comes in contact with oxygen. My system does not let oxygen into the kegs. I gravity feed into bright tanks (secondaries) filled with C02, then pump the wort into my serving kegs (which are also full of C02) using C02. I'm not saying there is absolutely no contact with oxygen but it there is it's negligeable.

I keep a liquid C02 bottle as I go through a little more than average C02. While it doesn't fill my tanks completely I'm able to fill my tanks to a level that's more than enough for my use.

And no, I don't sell beer.

I'm not talking about oxidation, more about freshness. After a certain point in time the lighter styles tend to not age well. I've poured out a lot of beer because of off flavors. I keep all my beer on Co2 from fermentation on too.

Comment

Maybe I drink more. I can go through a 5 gal keg in about a week. I'm pretty sure it won't go "stale"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DangerDan View Post
          Maybe I drink more. I can go through a 5 gal keg in about a week. I'm pretty sure it won't go "stale"
          my kinda guy
          Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
          Weber 22.5" WSM
          Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
          Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
          Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
          Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
          Weber Smokey Joe
          GMG Daniel Boone
          Pit Barrel Cooker
          Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
          6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
          Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
          The Vortex

Comment

Well I've upscaled my brewing capacity a bit. I've modified this groen DTL60 from steam to electric. I've used it several times now and it makes a fantastic mash tun. The largest boiler I have though is only 25 gallon so I'm still kind of limited to 1/2 barrel brewing. This mash tun is more efficient for 40-50 gal batches. Also the largest fermenting capacity I have ATM is 20 gal. So I have to build a fermentation chamber large enough for a 50 gal conical.

I used to have a glass door freezer perfect for this but alas it's been scrapped.

Anyway, this spring I'll look into a larger boiler. This should get me to the 1BBL capacity.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Schweet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Why am I thirsty after reading this thread?

Comment

Pretty cool dan..jealous

Comment

You, sir, are my new hero. Makes my puny little 1 gallon, stove-top batches seem like kindergarten stuff.
                    Mike
                    Life In Pit Row

Comment

I took delivery of my 50 gal. boiler last month. After a bit of plumbing she's ready to go. I added a counter flow chiller to get temps lowered more rapidly. To top it off I'll be using a 40 gal. Rotomold conical for fermentation for the time being. I'm hoping the company (Spike Brewing) I chose for a stainless fermenter will have the 40 gal. model out this year. I've found their craftsmanship to be second to none. I hope to add this fermenter next year. Until then this fermenter will work for me. I'll build a proper stand some time next week.

I've chosen a Trappist style Triple for its maiden voyage. This will lager for about 4 months to mature into a great 8 point beer.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

awesome cool!
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I just got really thirsty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X