Pepper jelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper jelly

I have a couple of jalapeno plants that need to be harvested and I want to make some hot pepper jelly. Anybody have a recipe?
    Rusty Recycled Relics

Not sure how much you want to make... But this should give you a base to work with.. This is my dads Diablo Jalapeno Jelly... Good Chit right here..

Diablo Jalapeno Jelly

10 Jalapenos (stems & seeds removed)
    2 med Bell peppers (stems & seeds removed)
    1 1/2 cups Vinegar
    6 cups Sugar
    1/3 cup Lemon Juice
    4 ounces Liquid Pectin
    Green food coloring for more color (Opt)

Place peppers in a blender and puree... Combine the puree and vinegar, bring to a boil over high heat, and boil rapidly for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally... Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar and lemon juice.. Return the pan to the heat, bring to a boil again, stir in the pectin and food coloring and boil again, stirring constantly for a minute.. Skim off the foam and bottle in sterilized jars. Makes around 6 1/2 pints...

Enjoy!!!

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thanks Ken, ya just gave me the answer as to what to do with some of the extras outta the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
        Not sure how much you want to make... But this should give you a base to work with.. This is my dads Diablo Jalapeno Jelly... Good Chit right here..

Diablo Jalapeno Jelly

1 1/2 cups Vinegar
        6 cups Sugar
        1/3 cup Lemon Juice
        4 ounces Liquid Pectin

Place peppers in a blender and puree... Combine the puree and vinegar, bring to a boil over high heat, and boil rapidly for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally... Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar and lemon juice.. Return the pan to the heat, bring to a boil again, stir in the pectin and food coloring and boil again, stirring constantly for a minute.. Skim off the foam and bottle in sterilized jars. Makes around 6 1/2 pints...

Enjoy!!!

That looks like something I can use. Thanks

Do you mind if I share it with the folks at TSR?
        Rusty Recycled Relics

Comment

Thanks Ken!
          What a great recipe to share... now does anyone have a kumquat jam recipe?????

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Diablo Jalapeno Jelly

1 1/2 cups Vinegar
            6 cups Sugar
            1/3 cup Lemon Juice
            4 ounces Liquid Pectin

Enjoy!!!

Thanks for this recipe Ken.On my to do list.

Comment

Awesome Ken!

I assume it's White Vinegar.

Have you ever tried it with Cider Vinegar?

Just Wonderin.

SKOL
              V

Comment

Originally posted by Hell Fire Grill View Post
                That looks like something I can use. Thanks

Do you mind if I share it with the folks at TSR?
                Feel free to share with the folks at TSR.. I know what CRS is.. I have that! Dont have a clue who they are.. But Im sure there fine folk...lol

Originally posted by supervman View Post
                Awesome Ken!

I assume it's White Vinegar.

Have you ever tried it with Cider Vinegar?

Just Wonderin.

SKOL
                V

Yeah V. It is white vinegar.. My bad for not making that clear.. Never tried it with cider vinegar tho..
                Ken

Comment

I've had chilli jell bought for me - good stuff.
                  Hmm, wonder how daves chillis are doing - he could make this stuff and give me some - well what are friends for
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Diablo Jalapeno Jelly

1 1/2 cups Vinegar
                    6 cups Sugar
                    1/3 cup Lemon Juice
                    4 ounces Liquid Pectin

Enjoy!!!

No "water bath" involved ????

Comment

Originally posted by cajun_1 View Post
                      No "water bath" involved ????

I do not Tim.. I pour it in hot and put on the seals and rings, in just a few minutes they pop.. I do have the seals and jars sitting in boiling water tho.. I guess it would not hurt to do a water bath after they get filled, to seal the jars if one feels they wont seal the other way....
                      Ken

Comment

I do not Tim.. I pour it in hot and put on the seals and rings, in just a few minutes they pop.. I do have the seals and jars sitting in boiling water tho.. I guess it would not hurt to do a water bath after they get filled, to seal the jars if one feels they wont seal the other way....
                        Thanks T-H.

Comment

I was bored today, My FF team is getting there butts kicked... So I thought I would make up a batch of jelly....

Fresh from the freezer...

Kinda forgot the pic in the blender when it was finished.. Oh well... Its in the pan simmering..

And after I made a unreal mess of my kitchen... I have (13) 4oz jars resting on the counter...

I need more jars.... I have a few other ideas I would like to try..

Ken

Comment

Not to take away...me n Louie split the white & cider gig in half! Me...i can't tell the difference!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I was bored today, My FF team is getting there butts kicked... So I thought I would make up a batch of jelly....

Fresh from the freezer...

Kinda forgot the pic in the blender when it was finished.. Oh well... Its in the pan simmering..

And after I made a unreal mess of my kitchen... I have (13) 4oz jars resting on the counter...

I need more jars.... I have a few other ideas I would like to try..

Diablo Jalapeno Jelly

1 1/2 cups Vinegar
                              6 cups Sugar
                              1/3 cup Lemon Juice
                              4 ounces Liquid Pectin

Enjoy!!!

Simmering ????

Comment

Working...
                              X