Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got in a Pit Barrel Cooker. Smoke updates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OTROO View Post
    Oh could you guys do me a favor and stop posting about it in my thread. This is just supposed my fun little place to post some cooks now I remember why I quit coming here for so long.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Sorry things seem to have veered off a little. Please keep posting what you are smoking with that rig. I am a newby and judge no one for what equipment they are using.
    sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
    American Legion Riders
    Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Got my Pork Shoulder on the smoker earlier and she is cooking along right now. I rubbed it down with yellow mustard and I rubbed it with a sweet and spicy rub that I made.

Comment

I have had one for about 3 years. I work a lot and have lots of stuff to do on my one or two days off. I like being able to load it up and go work on something for a few hours and not have to worry with it.
        I have been very happy with mine so far. It's cooked some great food without constant tinkering. The temps can be adjusted by playing with the intake a little, or leaving the rods out, or cracking the top, or using more or less lit coals to start, etc. If you want to tinker with it you can.
        The only thing I have had problems with is hanging a packer brisket. Too often it is too long, so I hang with 2 sets of hooks crosswise in the cooker. Great little cooker for the money and effort in my opinion.

Comment

Food is done and eaten.

Comment

Great food...
            I love your cooker...
            Go Chevy
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Oh could you guys do me a favor and stop posting about it in my thread. This is just supposed my fun little place to post some cooks now I remember why I quit coming here for so long.

Three things.

1. I think your smoker is bad ass. This fall i am stealing some ideas and incorporating the into my UDS.

2. Just start a new thread with each cook. it confuses the low level intelligence trolls.

3. If all else falls, frak 'em and feed the fish heads....
              Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Food looks great!! I bought the small chimney from them for my other cookers.

I like these cookers and the idea behind them. Not everyone is in it for the hobby aspect. Some folks just want to eat. Some folks just want to get some smoked food without investing a lot of time and effort learning the ins and outs of it. Doesn't make them lazy or frivolous. These cost less than a decent electric and you can do six slabs in one without the hassle of switching levels like you do with a uds. They've done the math for the airflow, it is powder coated and has a small footprint. Comes with things weber charges extra for and flat out works right out of the box. I'd do one in a heartbeat if I was in the market for a smoker.
                Weber Smoky Joe
                18" Weber Silver
                22.5" Weber Gold
                22.5" Weber Silver
                UDS X 2
                Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                Blackstone three burner flat top
                5" AMZNPS
                Vortex x 2
                Maverick ET 73
                Maverick ET 732
                Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                Pitmaster iQue 110
                sigpic

Comment

2. Just start a new thread with each cook. it confuses the low level intelligence trolls.
                  If you lived inder a bridge you'd be easily confused as well ;-)

But I do need to make one of these.
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

OTROO !!!

Please keep posting the Beautiful Pics of the Awesome Vittles you've been making with your Smoker.

I'm Loving it All !!---

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                    X