Tried Something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried Something

I have never done before. I know many here have done this but I had never thought of it. The wife said her brother used to cook pizza on his charcoal grill years ago and that we should try it. Not having the time to actually make a pizza, she went to Wal-Mart and got a couple of their pre-made uncooked pies. I fired up the Weber and went to work. I have always liked a crispy crust and the Weber didn't let me down and added some great flavor to boot. Man this is fun.
    sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
    American Legion Riders
    Patriot Guard Riders

can't beat a pizza done over coals or in a smoker. yum! for something new
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Comment

Best pizza you can make.... we opt for cheap frozen often.
      Ever wonder why a Weber Smokey Joe is pizza sized?
      My food WAS a vegaterian!!
      Death Row Outfitters

Comment

I got no problem making a mediocre pizza great by using the Weber
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

What technique did you use? Perimeter heat? Pizza stone, indirect? etc? I have had some good ones and bad ones on the kettle over the years. The stone worked pretty well, until it cracked Nowadays, i make them on the 26'r indirect with the Vortex on flour tortillas for wife and kid 2, or on low carb whole wheat tortillas for me and kid 1. 500*+ and it's pretty fast. Cant beat the flavor.

Cool you are trying new stuff Keep at it
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            What technique did you use? Perimeter heat? Pizza stone, indirect? etc? I have had some good ones and bad ones on the kettle over the years. The stone worked pretty well, until it cracked Nowadays, i make them on the 26'r indirect with the Vortex on flour tortillas for wife and kid 2, or on low carb whole wheat tortillas for me and kid 1. 500*+ and it's pretty fast. Cant beat the flavor.

Cool you are trying new stuff Keep at it
            I went very simple this first time. Just about half a chimney of Weber briquettes scattered evenly around the whole grill. The pizza was the largest one Wal-Mart makes in their deli; can't recall the actual size.

I put the pizza directly on the StoK grate and watched it closely until the cheese was melted and the crust a deep golden brown.
            sigpic

American Legion Riders
            Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Very cool! Glad you are experimenting with the Weber. Great tool!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Ya done good...I burnt the crap out of a few pizza crusts before
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                  Very cool! Glad you are experimenting with the Weber. Great tool!
                  From what I have learned from you guys here, is experimenting is a good thing.
                  sigpic

American Legion Riders
                  Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Originally posted by Fender60 View Post
                    From what I have learned from you guys here, is experimenting is a good thing.
                    Oh hell yes!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                    X