Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Their coming, their coming, the limas are coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Their coming, their coming, the limas are coming.

Planted June 2nd. I've waited 33 or so years to see this. My favorite veggie is a serving of fresh hand shelled green Fordhook lima beans. Rare to find at any markets. For machine shelling they have to be way past their prime and the rich aroma and flavor has departed. A close second is the zipper cream pea. Also not available in markets near me for home shelling. It is sad for me to see the passing of the people who grew this stuff when I was young as the new generation ops for growing from the seat of an air conditioned cab and harvested with a combine. Times have changed but I've taken it into my hands to change it back for us.

Limas

Zipper Cream peas

And there shall be fruit of the vine

sigpic
    It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
    A man just can't have to many toys..
    Akorn smoker

I love Limas!! Wish we would have planted some in the new garden, butt we didn't. Nobody else in the house eats them 'cept me... I hope you get a gooooood crop!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

very good!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Good on ya!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Love them lima beans I do...
          Didn't grow any this year though

Rather than the Fordhooks we grow a "baby lima" variety...It's a pole bean that produces for about 8-10 weeks........Ummm.....That's probably why I skipped a year... always turns into a huge amount of work...Great harvest but that's what makes it take so much time...

We save seed for them each year and always have plenty when we decide it's "the year" for limas...

Good luck on your planting...Gonna be some good eats...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X