Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peppers, a generous gift. Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peppers, a generous gift. Any suggestions?

So... this cranky old guy from Kansas sent me this really generous gift of some beautiful dried peppers. I might grind them. But I really wanted a cool recipe to celebrate the gift.

So... this is an all call to all of your expertise for any suggestions.

Thank you Craig, Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Maybe a spicy Fishawn hummus?

Wish I had the tools to make some spicy sausage.
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Cat Daddy Craigster sent me some heat...evil wicked hot... titty baby son...that chit ain't hot...get you some...lick your finger & stick in here... not bad...OHHHH...%^7$#2)^...that's friggin hot...sweat beads on his forehead...see...i know...
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Make some hot sauce, or salsa.....best is do both!
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Get a small bottle of plain old white vinegar and let a few soak in it for a month. Little salt... Mm if ya like a vinegar based pepper sauce anyway. And/or pickle some eggs with a couple..Mmm...!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Ooooo, looks good. He say what pepper he sent you??
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
              Ooooo, looks good. He say what pepper he sent you??

Looks to be Serrano but I haven't contacted him yet. Great surprise though! Too bad he didn't sent me that ten pounds of Hatch he just picked!

Still, I'm always grateful for any generosity.
              sigpic

Comment

Good on ya, Craig...

Nice!
                That FREAK dude is good people... At least that's what I've heard...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                  Nice!
                  That FREAK dude is good people... At least that's what I've heard...
                  Lets not be spreading those kinda rumors now...No good can come from that

The peppers are orange Thai...Bigger and more flavorful than the regular red Thai peppers in my opinion...They should be at least as hot as a good Serrano...Thin walled so they dried well...They will grind well if you want some good hot powder...Or you can do as rich said and soak them in a vinegar brine...
                  Crushed up coarsely and added to a batch of chili or something and they will plump right up and give a serious kick to the soup

You'll figure it out I'm sure...Enjoy...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X