Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Bluetooth thermometer to purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bluetooth thermometer to purchase?

Researching which Bluetooth thermometer to purchase and want suggestions. Will be using it in a MES30 btw...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I got nothing as far as Bluetooth goes (I don't have one or use one) butt maybe check oot Thermoworks. I use their probe thermos and have a couple Thermapens. Have experienced real good reliability from their stuff.
    sigpic

Comment

got an igrill2...4 probes...i like it!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I just ordered an igrill2 with two probes after getting tired of losing connecting with my maverick. Hopefully it's better.
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

use a maverick 735 (?). never had a problem with it. Although, the igrill is prettier. imagine they are about the same in terms of connectivity but PitRow stated he has had issues.

Funny, when I am smoking foods I tend to ignore my phone and focus on my drink and how much firewood I need to manage. Go figure I would be using Bluetooth.....
          sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Which Bluetooth thermometer to purchase?

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
            use a maverick 735 (?). never had a problem with it. Although, the igrill is prettier. imagine they are about the same in terms of connectivity but PitRow stated he has had issues.

Yeah but my maverick is the older et-73 or -72 or something like that. It won't go through more than one wall it seems. I hear the newer ones are much better. I figured as long as I'm getting a new one I'd go big. And I like the fact it had a phone app.
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

I've had issues with my maverick 735. Only used it about 4 times, would only work on my wife's iPhone and not my droid. Even on the new phone it won't work. Needed it a couple weeks ago I tried a probe in boiling water and it read 190, thought it was the probe so I grabbed another one and it read the same. Plugged probes into my older mavericks and they read 212 pretty disappointed in it.
              sigpic

Comment

Yup. Who knows. One is good and one is bad. Stupid appliances. Mine has always worked fine but that doesn't speak for the industry. Although my old timey 732 still works just fine.
                sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

I have a flip phone and a thermapen...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I am going to go with

http://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke

I may wait for the wifi version but I like the company and am done with the mav stuff.

Comment

If I was getting one it would simply be to have a toy to goof around with, and I'd get a Stoker from Rock's BBQ

This is Wifi, and will email your phone and control your pit. Verizon's coverage will beat the hell outta a maverick (that barely will transmit line of sight). These are expensive but I guarantee it would work and not piss me off so bad that I threw it across the yard. I hate shit that doesn't work or worse yet works half assed.
                      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Wife unit gave me the ThermoWorks Smoke for Christmas. Well made piece of equipment. I love it. And her. It is not Wi Fi butt it works grate, I can get a signal on the remote at the neighbors beer shed while the smoker is working.
                        Ed

Smoke Vault 24
                        Vermont Castings Gas Grill
                        Thermoworks Smoke
                        The "Fastest" Orange Thermapen around!
                        The Neighbor's 36" Blackstone

Comment

Time will tell

I have been using Weber's #6741 wireless thermos and have had erratic battery life issues and questioned the accuracy at times. Pairing is easy but, may have to be re-done mid-smoke at times. PIA.

My wonderful daughter gave me a Thermoworks Smoke and a Thermopop for Christmas. The Smoke is straight out fool-proof and a joy. When I double check temps the Pop is right there, confirming the results. My only regret is the wireless range is borderline at my recliner! Similar to the Webers but, considering it's 35ft, through 4 walls, wife's pantry plus washer/drier it isn't that bad. I've considered the Tappeque' so my phone and I can smoke anywhere in town but, can't justify quite yet.

Go Smoke young man! You won't regret it.
                          GMG Bowie pellet pooper
                          Masterbuilt upright gas smoker
                          Weber Elite gasser
                          Various Thermoworks devices-Love them!

Comment

Originally posted by tlunny View Post
                            I have been using Weber's #6741 wireless thermos and have had erratic battery life issues and questioned the accuracy at times. Pairing is easy but, may have to be re-done mid-smoke at times. PIA.

My wonderful daughter gave me a Thermoworks Smoke and a Thermopop for Christmas. The Smoke is straight out fool-proof and a joy. When I double check temps the Pop is right there, confirming the results. My only regret is the wireless range is borderline at my recliner! Similar to the Webers but, considering it's 35ft, through 4 walls, wife's pantry plus washer/drier it isn't that bad. I've considered the Tappeque' so my phone and I can smoke anywhere in town but, can't justify quite yet.

Go Smoke young man! You won't regret it.
                            I recently joined PRIME amazon and it took a lot of control not to buy this tappeque thing today. This is exactly what I have been looking for...
                            Mustang electric smoker
                            King Kooker vertical gasser
                            Charbroil silver smoker
                            Earnhardt Jr smoker
                            Brinkman smoke n' grill
                            a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                              I have a flip phone and a thermapen...
                              I have a newer phone (for me anyway) at the Miss's insistence.

As for the food/thermo stuff, we're on the same page.

I got the red cause it's so fast.
                              Pete
                              Large BGE
                              Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
                              X